twin turbo celica

Ok, I was talking to a guy at work today and he said he has a twin turbo celica gts. I don’t know the year but its high 90s early 2000s. Do they even make a twin turbo kit for them? I can understand the theory of one turbo feeding the other but this seems unlikely. Any celica owners know of a possible TT kit out there?

no.

Tell him you want to race him for $$$. And so do I :slight_smile:

there is no point in making a sequential turbo kit for a motor that displaces less then 2 liters

me too. and my cars slow as ballzzz.

i fuckin love those kids. y0 i’m gonna drop a big block in it and fuckin tripple turbo my honda. mad fast y0!

unless its a rotary :wink:

ROFFLE RACE HIM WITH UR BLAZER

The compression ratio on a GTS is really high and can’t handle more then like 5lbs of boost. If he had a turbo set up on a GT, that would be more believable. A twin turbo kit is hard to take seriously…

But the rotary is really 2.6L… :stuck_out_tongue:

He said he had the engine rebuilt. lol Possibility of forged lower compression pistons. :wink:

haha…hahah well I guess you better watch out then! :lol:

do you at delta sonic??

I have a friend there that works with some DB that claims his car (celica) runs 7’s in the 1/8 and is turbo… I just laughed.
If i meet him i want to get him to run my jetta…hahah

Tell him your car has a jet engine on it…and show up with like a estes rocket engine ,be like SEE it does…lol

this kid i used to work with tried telling me his friend had a WRX with twin turbos and a super charger. i asked if it was the v6 and he said yeah. i smiled and walked away.

Not impossible. But not very likely.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2180560

theres also a evo 8 thats turbo + super, someone posted it either here or on the barf

in the end it comes down to this, the only real reasons people go twinturbo on a inline 4 are

a) they had a pair o 14b’s and a ton on time to waste
b) they are going for insane boost levels

in the end, its uualy easier to go with a big single turbo, and if it doesnt spool fast enough, a small shot of n2o will spool it fast enough

now if the cars a V6, then goin TT is understandable

unhgggg Id hate too see what the belt tension on that is or how long the alternator bearing will last.

Now that this topic has become worthwhile, I like how that supercharger is clutched so you can turn it on and off. I’m sure it has been done before, but that’s the first time I’ve seen it.

Its done in movies all the time, Mad max…some Chuck norris movie. I want to do it.

clutching a superchargerdoesnt work when the supercharger is the only form or forced induction

THERE IS NO BENIFIT TO CLUTCHIN A SC

the onlything it would allow you to do is NOT build boost when your on the gas hard

if you are “just cruising” your not building boost anyways, so your not drainingthat much horsepower. if you then uncouple the sc from the belt, you have to rely on engine vacuum to spin the lobes in the sc, WHICH SAPS HORSEPOWER

just becasue some dipshit in holywood decided it was cool for a movie doesnt mean its a smart in real life

im watching the matrix right now, anyone want to hold a helicopter from crashing using a repelling rope, or maybe stop a hail of gunfire with mindpower ?