2004 350z Twin Turbo OR Supercharger?

Customer came threw today seriously inquireing about :
a: Stillen Super Charger 80-90hp gain or
b: Stillen Greddy twin turbo

Please anybody who knows or may have done either list pros/cons other than price.

i voted twin turbo, but it also depends on the type of blower…
now, if its a twin-screw or roots, then i think i’d vote that… but i’m guessing he means centrifugal

we put a greddy turbo kit on nh4442’s rsx last year. it’s a nice ‘kit’. everything lines up well and there were no missing pieces, etc.
i dont know much about the supercharger kits but they never really impressed me mucg on an import.

i’m not 100% but i think i heard for the turbo u gotta pull the motor to do

http://www.stillen.com/product_detail.aspx?sku=407351IC3

yea, i dont much like the idea of a blower on an import either…
but i sure do like twin-screws

Go twin turbo. If you want max power and max badass go for that. A supercharger would be great for a daily driver that you dont want to kill yourself with, but still have some track fun.

twins

turbos are by far the more expensive route, even though the price really is not all that important.
I did also just hear that the turbo installation was a pain, and that the motor may need to be pulled. Anybody know if that is true?

thats prob why he’s bringing it to you. you’re the shop.

dont give him the supercharger cause it’s easy. do the turbos!

I actually didnt base it off level of difficulty at all,
Thiers money profit invovld with the twins over the blower so of course id rather make more cash.

What I did is called John over at Stillen and told him this customers prefferances as to how he plans to drive the car, He actually reccomendid the blower for this application.

I wanted you guys’ take on it, and I am now learning towards the turbos, but still its ultimatly the customers decision

When you call Stillen, they’ll tell you blower everytime… they’re sorta biased for some reason :stuck_out_tongue:

If you need a greddy kit, i had one around here somewhere…

is…
it…
on your car???
:dunno:

Twins twins twins…

i would tell your customer to check into the vortech supercharger.
alot of 350 & g35 guys i talk to and know prefer the vortech s/c over the twins and really prefer it over the stillen roots s/c.
theres quite a few guys running 15psi on their vortech and have no problems i belive they run 8psi w/o any modifications

single turbo FTW

if you go to ‘tech’ on the left hand side of greddys website, you can view the instalation instructions. it mentions nothing about pulling the motor.

If your interested, a kid that stops by the shop was parting out a z with the greddy kit. Dude said if i needed it i could get dibs on it. I can find out if its still around.

Can you say BOOM!!!

But this thread might help.
http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18762&highlight=350z

TT