f/i guys ... come in please

so as some of u know . i bought a 396 stroker kit for my motor and im doin that over the winter . butttt i really have had the itch to force induct it . i love the jug but its a pain in the balls to keep filling and other shit so fuck it . now i dont wanna do a huge turbo build like jammer has but what are some “cheaper” options lol . can i use a diesal turbo or no? im new when it comes to this shit and dont know much so guys help a ***** out …

meatpaws

Theres a guy from MA with a Fox body that has turbos from a farm tractor on it. Its been in Hot Rod magazine before. Ive seen at the Worcester show and have pics somewhere.

Real backyard hillbilly build but it makes big power and goes quick.

Open to superchargers or just turbo’s?

Yes you can use a diesel turbo, you need a big one for that motor though. I vote Borg Warner, you can get a pretty big one for about 700 shipped.

Gotta decide on your goals (power, spoolup, etc) and go from there man. How high you can spin the engine and how much power the parts are good for are obviously huge factors.

id like 650 or so at the wheels id use either turbzzz or blower . blower is morso my frontrunner as it has way less plumbing etc . i dont wanna run high boost id be happy at below 15 seein as my motor will give me about 450 at the wheels with the current setup and the motor will hold 1000 with the rotating assembly thats in it as well

people tend to really like holset turbos and they are reallly cheap. ninetyone240 runs one I believe. Your motor would have no problem spooling one or a pair of journal bearing turbos and you could make biggg power.

Precision GT42-76 billet. big undivided T4 housing. good to go.

Borg Warner S475 1.10ar for $649+ shipping.

soooo i guess turbzz are the way to go over a supercharger setup from what i see ya guys sayin ???

I wanna supercharge mine, so I vote for blower. lol

It all depends on what exactly your trying to do with the car man. With a 396 your gonna have splent of displacement to spool a turbo. Are you even going to be able to hook all the N/A power in 1st gear? Turbos are more efficient at generating additional power with less paracitic loss. Also they’re just cooler then a super charger.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Master-Power-GT45-turbocharger-turbo-900hp-potential-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3c97f0919dQQitemZ260247163293QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts

your welcome.

hx60 that bitch

900hp potential? thats too bad. Rays Garrett GT45-08R made 1105 Rwhp.

well master power is a little more well known than garrett…

true, those brazillian companies like Spa Turbo have huge followings in the US and A

if your name is low n slow… haha

i sell turbos with chipped blades, no harm to its performance. i swear to PJ Brown

actually in the F-body world, Master power is one of the top runners that are used for a good “budget turbo”

search ls1tech if you dont believe me. You will be reading for a month straight.

I had a master power turbo on my V6. I put about 10k on it then sold it and got a brand new turbonetics bb T72. The brand new turbonetics that was twice expensive, broke around 5k.