f/i guys ... come in please

If you build a turbo setup the right way it will run great for a long time. Just don’t cheap out on any part of it.

big body turbz

Yes

I dont know what it is you speak… I have a bone stock n/a 5.7. I’d say if you can steal a kit from someone that has it sitting, do it!

Blowers suck. EVERYTHING should be turbz.

:bowdown QFT

For budget build, the borg warner and holsets are hard to beat. Diesel turbos have great reliability. The down side is that they take a little more exhaust energy to spool and are not packaged really tight.
The turbo will have to move more air to create the same boost on your engine due to the cam but it shouldn’t be terrible cause I assume its a good nitrous cam. You will probably want at least a 72mm turbo. I agree with Mr. MK4 with a 76-80mm compressor. 1.00 or higher A/R T4 exhaust housing.

Don’t worry. He can put the powerz down

http://forcedinductions.com/productsborgwarner.htm Scroll down to S400-75 ETT, choose 83mm turbine and 1.10a/r T6. Dirt cheap and big powerrrrrrrr

john, a 76mm turbo will get you to where you want to go. it will spool up quick with a motor your size. and will make great trq and hp. thats the turbo size i will be running next year when i go single. a precision billet wheel 76mm

Give me 2 months, I will show you what a turbz cheby motor will do, maybe even 2 of them.

I will tell you this too, that rotating assembly you already bought cost way more than “turboing” it will on a stock bottom. You will be amazed at how easy and cheap it is.

Disclaimer. I have yet to do it, just a lot of research and listening to people who have closely. Apparently 550-600’s are rather easy to pull off, even with a stock bottom end, and proven.

orrr. get two buick gand national turbos and run 9 psi off of their internal wastegates. turn your stock cast manifolds around and start fabbing up some pipe…if you’re ballin on a budget

its no mystery, put turbs on big motor, make power no matter what lol

88mm single going on mine over winter. I need someone to make the piping.

I happen to know someone… KKKUSTOMZFTW

I have an idea of how to do it. Only the jeeps have done top mount singles so far. 76mm billet precisions are what the 2 use. Just need someone to make a mounting place and piping etc.

john this is what you need

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ce0n7Y5KIA&feature=related

I love laying pipe. I can do it and do it right… you know that. :number1

BINGO. stock manifolds for $20 flip them and turn them around, $100 in stainless to make a collector and turbo flange. Turbo is mounted, make a brace off the motor for it and you are done. put a flex section in the mix too to be safe.

some guys run the compressor right up put the BOV in the middle and put a 90 deg after the BOV flange and its directly into the LS1 type intake/throttle body, no intercooler since its low boost and all of about 10 inches of tubing into the intake.

wastegate off the mix and a dump tube.

add some injectors and a toon.

5.3 iron block with a 76mm bunk ass turbo stock heads stock intake 42lb injectors, 10 psi, 100K on motor, 500WHP.

i do have a t/t car being stored at my garage lol . maybe ill see how his setup works lol

TURBO!

guy with veryyyyy simaler build as mine