Twin Village Recycling is on fire.

Twin Village Recycling is on fire and has closed down part of Broadway inbetween Dick Rd. and Borden.

What is the word on this fire?

Twin Village Recycling is on fire. /thread

Photo someone had up. Obviously nothing special but a start

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/erie/Twin-Village-Recycling-is-in-flames

Twin Village Recycling is in flames
Updated: Monday, 27 Jun 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 27 Jun 2011, 4:17 PM EDT

Posted by: Eli George
DEPEW, N.Y. (WIVB) - Fire crews are battling an explosive blaze at Twin Village Recycling in Depew on Broadway.

Explosions can be seen from the air as heavy black smoke rises in a large pillar into the sky. We have News 4 crews on the way to the scene and will bring you the latest on News 4 at 5 and 6.

Broadway is currently closed between Borden and Dick Road.

Guess that’s one way to remove insulation from wires…

Good fucking god! a must read.

from wivb.com
more than two miles away they could smell burning tires. It is very big and intense fire with an added danger. There are around 80 propane tanks in the facility along with their other scrap metal.

So we are talking about a bomb going off sending metal flying. sounds pretty damn safe! help us all!

Yea, I read that too… makes me wish I was back in Buffalo to watch this destruction which is maybe 3ish miles from my house there.

That being said; Hopefully no one’s injured from this!!!

we could hear explosions from our work parking lot.

It’s the Building where they have all the batteries, propane tanks, copper, aluminum, Probably some magnesium mixed in, etc. That’s gonna burn and be a fucking mess for a while.

Cancer.jpeg

Weird, I just called them recently for the first time and they quoted half the price of what I get for scrap metal. lol

I usually take my stuff to them.
anyway, I saw the smoke when I was driving down the 90 between the Depew->Pembroke exit, and when I took the pembroke exit and headed toward my house, i could see the smoke pretty clear… and that’s… somewhat far away i guess

I could see the smoke plume clearly on my way through Eden this afternoon.

I could see it in east Aurora. I have a friend whos a firefighter in depew. Hes still there.

Thats my backyard, toss that coal out the window when you get on, I’ll go back and grab it.
I didn’t even think to look actually.

Pretty bad fire.

Through the grape vine guys were torching inside building when insulation caught fire and engulfed the building in seconds. Plenty of burnable stuff in a scrap yard, they keep there tires right behind that building.

Guess I’m going to be pretty busy at work tomorrow with all the TVR customers having no where else to scrap, lol.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

HAHA oooppppsss posted from the GF’s account *

(pretend Draftinwitjr3815 said all that above ^^^^^^^)