TX2K13! anyone going at all?

So i’ve booked my room for TX2K13. Just wondering if anyone else is going down for the show? maybe get a car pool going to head down there. The show is from March 13-17th. Its about a 30 hour drive down, probably gonna leave the 12th of March after work and drive straight through. The show is “housed” at the Omni Housten Western Hotel.
If anyone is wondering what the show is like, just go on youtube and look up TX2K11 or TX2K12 and you can see a ton of videos from the shows.
Let me know what you guys think.

Since I live in Houston this is a no brainer. :slight_smile: its about a 24 hour drive. You’ll enjoy yourself.

sweet! i cant wait for the show! to bad there arent more people going from here otherwise we could have a little nyspeed meet spot haha

Holy shit!!! I just got a free flight to Houston on March 12th!!! Literally was just going to be sleeping naked all over Renzo’s house and doing burnouts for a week in his viper and trans am and now I can do all of that at the TX2k13! Soooo pumped. Oh yeah, Josh, I’m coming down March 12th haha

hey ultradriver how is this show? should be prepared for anything crazy happening lol. i mean with the videos ive seen it seems like its nothing but car racing and tons of people being loud and doing some stupid shit haha

It is super fun. Make sure you get in with a group of guys that are into street racing and roll out. If you think you’re going to drive around and just find people you probably won’t Houston is a huge city.

If you enjoy the following you’ll have a great time:
Drag Racing
Street Racing
Almost naked girls
Street Racing
Drinking
Street Racing until 3am
Partying
oh and street racing.

I kind of want to go to this… and spectate.

Ok sweet! Im on the supra forums so i talk to those guys about the show to. theres a group of about 25-30 guys from NE that go do there and all meet up. so that’ll be cool to meet up with those guys to.

i enjoy all thee above also, so im glad im going!

Willybeen if you wanna go i could meet you on my way down? lmk

I am 90% sure i am going this year, I Havent been yet and wanted to go for the last few years. I just picked up my car from a rebuild in dallas TX a month ago. I drove it straight and it was about 20 hours. But it was a good drive

I was thinking about stopping half way but would love a cruising buddy. What are you driving? Btw pm me for my # i dont frequent this forum often, more or less on SF

I’ve been wanting to go to this for the past couple years. Going to be in the Cayman Islands again though.

Stop at the corvette factory its about 1/2.

Sounds good to me! Right now i have a mazdaspeed 6, but im trading it in when i get home from overseas. I have a dealer getting me a WW Evo X with the SSL package. Im so pumped to get the car! I’m going to be doing some mods to it before I head down there. It’ll have the AMS Evo Package 1 and 2 on it. so it’ll be fun to drive, not fast but fun.

Cool yeah i am not pushing that much power anyways, i might go for a e85 tune at 750-800whp while i am the event but i feel like thats still slow compared to what goes down there.

Josh, next year can i ship my car to your house and fly down? :wiggle:

just bump it up.

Really thinking about going.

I’ll be driving my TDI down most like for economies sake.

Anyone going, PM me. We can swap details and possibly carpool or meet up at the show.

Ugh drive out there has to suck. I’d rather use my Southwest points, lol.

Sounds like fun…

Just made the trip a month ago and it was awesome. But i love to drive and i drove it straight with my passenger maybe driving 6 hours. The trip is a little more enjoyable with 500whp to keep you entertained and considering you run into 10-20 cars to race anytime you step onto the streets in texas.

On the way home i think i raced 4 people at like 4am in texas and maybe one other on the whole trip haha Texas is where to be if you want to run into fun cars anytime you get behind the wheel.

Yeah it looks like brandon( turbod SS) and i each will be driving i am also trying to get one or two other local cars to tag along

I just drove from Miami to Buffalo last month. I’m done as far as road trips for awhile.