UB DC++

I just need a quick count of the people on here that use DC++

and whether or not you are on campus or off campus…

I may… be setting something up to benefit the people that are on NYSPEED and use “Bizzarro” hub

i am, off campus.

you cant get on without having a log on to ubs network right?

VPN client… https://download1.buffalo.edu/index.php?sw=win/SAV_10144000_20060718.exe

right, so you need to be able to log into the ub network… which is a problem when you never went there

:word: ?

yes… you have to be a) inside UB’s network… or B) use the VPN client to Technically be inside it

yea we’ve been trying to find ways around that :frowning:

i think what jon and i are looking for is a way to get inside it using the vpn =p

edit: you edited after i posted :stuck_out_tongue:

you could always borrow a friends info :slight_smile:

when i DLed my VPN, it was like “we monitor this system and prosicute people who abuse it” so how is this not abusing the system? i kno they prob dont give a shit, but just curious

well when there are tons of people on VPN downloading at one time… the bandwith for the VPN gets used up and it LAGS like you have no idea

im off campus right now, but ill be back on the 26ish…hopefully with a server :slight_smile:

im on here and off-campus

u can count mike as well

too bad you and mike a fag wads

yeah and it sucks that u have to share at least 4 gigs. now, when some1 DLs something u r sharing, are they literally taking it off of your hard drive, or does it get uploaded to a server or something and taken from there?

its just like they are copying and pasting it from your computer to theres… they don’t take it from you… they replicate it… and the 4gb is nice… thats why we have over 40tb shared when school starts up

I use it…Off campus