UGLY AUDI

I wasn’t making payments on the WRX - I sold it so I could have two cars.
I grabbed the 200 because it was a great deal, and its going to be a snowmobile this winter.

I enjoy buying parts/building cars more than I do watching them depreciate in value.

From here on out Ill always have a DAILY. Ive had a few cars now, and have decided I want my ‘fun car’ to be garaged and taken out when its nice.

Im sure a few people on here will agree with my thoughts.

Haha who’d ya hear that from?? Not really BIG plans, but I will be doing a few mods to wake her up a bit.

Can’t wait for snow. Hakkapeliittas are going to DO WORK

I heard plans of a different kind

I agree as well. That’s what the S4 is for. The LGT… Well I modded it a bit so it’s becoming less and less of a daily driver. Part of me wants to build it for some series and race it, but who knows.

I didn’t mean to offend you in any way by the making payments statement, as I said I don’t know your financial status, I was just giving a reason why most people tend to go with a cheaper car after they sell something nice.

no, it needs the 200 V8 headlights/taillights

dude, and old audi with an I-5 10 or 20v turbo engine is far cooler than any run of the mill WRX.

go on youtube and check out some audi Ur quattro or Sport quattro’s type in audi 20vt or “general lee audi”

youll find something very interesting. Audi 20vt > WRX

Its all good. Ive never had a car that I can just bomb around in and not be dodging cracks in the road/not being able to pull into a driveway.

I really got the Audi for winter duty. After im done with school I see myself moving to the west coast where its perfect weather all the time and the roads are mint (arizona/colorado/california etc.)

GENERAL LEE AUDI FTW

like a Nascar pitstop

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

~20 year old ECU FTL.
7 HOURS LATER @ 330am, everything is back together.

Wastegate spring installed / 3B FMIC strapped

20 y/o circuit board = easy to mod/work on :lol

The soldering was the easiest part.
There were prob 20 steps just to get the ECU to open like a magazine.

I was extremely careful with the TINY clips and yellowed plastic.

It was impossible to find a good set of directions. Trying to follow shit written 10-15 years ago with NO pictures thats written in broken english…

/rant

STATUS what were u doing with the ECU?

Changing out the chipset(boost/ignition and fuel) and swapping pressure transducer.

manually by urself? props to you sir. that kind of work is a PITA

Yea manually & personally lol.

I had a buddy help as well. We took turns as the frustration level was peaking. Clips that wont un-clip/old solder BLOWS.

Nice work. I wanna go for a rip in this old dog!!

how big of a pain was it to test for continuiuty in all that?

Not bad. Just precautionary - I was just nervous after everything was said and done.

• Turn Key.
  • Car stutters HARD and stalls.
  • Turn Key.

Car shakes and stays alive. RPM’s jumping from 300-1500 everywhere in between.
After the car ‘re-learned’ its breathing techniques, everything is smoothed out.
Now it starts and idles better than stock. No hesitation and full boost is quick.

yea buddy - got a boost gauge laying around ?!

thats awesome! what are you using for software? is it a 93 program? do u know how much boost it should be running after its all done?
when mine was chipped, the shop told me that my ECU is the kind that cant take more than one program and I wanted 3, so they soldered in a diff chip. it didnt sputter relearning though. maybe its with older cars? it started up, rpms went up and down a little and that was it. it runs 14-15psi right now.
what were u thinking of getting for a boost gauge? like a VDO? i would recomend the same as mine, for sure. its super nice. install was easy. theres no long lines to run. the sensor is under the hood, then u just run a thin wire to the gauge and connect its power wires. it moves super smooth and the needle doesnt shake or vibrate.

edit: i noticed a difference in spooling after the exhaust went on. i dont have precats immediately after the tutrbos, its just a pipe there, so that makes a world of difference. also, when my windows are down i can hear the turbos a bit :slight_smile: