Uh oh... the new Camaro is growing on me.

If you read some of my previous posts on it I haven’t been a huge fan of it. But the more I see it, the more I like it (heck, I really didn’t like the '98+ Fbodies when they first came out, but I fell in love w/ my '99 Z/28). I can really see one in black on black lowered on CCW 505As. Or perhaps orange, though I don’t know if I could drive an orange car every day. Haha.

The interior is another story, I just don’t like it thus far, though I’ve yet to sit in one. I never really “liked” the interior on my '99, or even the interior on my Z06, but I love both cars. This is different though… the 4th Gen and C5 just have “bland” interiors, while the 5th Gen interior has a lot going on, and to my eye (again, just from pics) is actually ugly. I’m not sure I could get past that.

But I really feel like the pricing is right. The way I’d want one (1SS w/ few options) would come in around 33-34k. That’s not bad, and with GM loyalty bucks, some $ on a GM card etc I could get it around 30k (once the whole dealer markup phase is over).

I’m currently working a Lemon Law case on my IS250, if it works out in my favor I may have to pick up a 5th Gen later this year. I figure by the end of the year all of the early bugs should be worked out (such as the current battery cable recall), dealers won’t still be asking mark-ups (the “money is no object” buyers will have dried up), and with GM still hurting some deals might even be out there.

Hmmmmm…

-TJ

If you’ve read some of my previous AIM messages you’d know I think you’re a faggot for entertaining this horrible, horrible idea.

Meh, I have a feeling the first time I see the interior in person you’ll have nothing to worry about because I’ll hate it so much I get over the idea. In the meantime I’ve been using this to build out cars and the car the way I’d want it is about $32.5-33k depending on stripes or not. I actually would “only” want the 1SS unless GM has really, really, really changed their leather.

Orange w/ Cyber Gray stripes…

Orange w/ White…

Orange w/ Black…

Cyber Gray w/ Orange…

Black…

The car looks good in Orange, but I don’t know if I could actually own/drive an Orange car.

-TJ

MEH

the orange w/ black stripes looks good IMO

but man the Black looks real good too

I think the car has a nice roofline & the sides look decent. The front end is growing on me. The back end is absolutly horrible. Of the pics above, the black looks best.

Black. :bigok:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/tjZ06/ScreenShot003.jpg

just went to the dealer tonight and sat in a 2ss orange. they said they are getting 10 in stock next week, so i said if they get a orange 1ss i will take it haha.

honestly those are first pics that i have seen that i say i like the color combos. they look badass and i hate camaros for most part lol

Awesome man! For the small $ difference I think it’s really worth it over the V6.

Yeah, all of those combos are winners but I feel like I’d be most likely to just go with plain, simple, classic black on black.

-TJ

i hate that the 2ss is soo much. but yet i love the center gauge cluster in the 2ss

mark up? thought GM was getting on Dealers cases for adding a mark up?

no i dont believe GM has been at all. there are dealers out west markin up to 10g’s and every dealer around here was doing MSRP.

really? seems like most of what ive seen on forums is that dealers were lettin them go at sticker.

I really like it all blacked out :slight_smile:

from what i was told, they are getting some pressure from GM to let em go at MSRP

ahhhhhh now it makes sense why you got all catty.

that car is JUNK :love:

You can get the center gauge cluster as part of the RS package on a 1SS IIRC. I would like the Bluetooth and USB (for iPod etc) of the 2SS, but could do without the leather, and I really wouldn’t want a sunroof.

Even still, the 2SS isn’t tooooo much if you skip the stupid $5k wheels and stuff.

-TJ

you can not get the gauges on the 1ss you have to have the 2ss unless you order the gauges seperate and have them installed.

you are spending too much time in hippie hell. It’s clouding your judgement.

you had a camero, realized it was shitty and got a vette, and now you want to go back to shit again :confused: