ULTRA Music Fest. Live Set Links

I know there’s a handful of EDM fans on here, so thought I’d share a link that a friend shared with me to a handful of the live set recordings from this years Ultra Music Festival that I was privileged enough to attend.

Lots of them you can stream from the site or download for yourself.

Some of the better ones are Sander Van Doorn, Ferry Corsten, Gareth Emery, Armin van Buuren, Moby, and Benny Benassi’s set was meh for the first half hour, then awesome for the rest of it.

Enjoy!

http://remix-nation.com/ultra-music-festival-2011-live-sets-avicii-afrojack-kaskadedeadmau5-plus-more/

Awesome Thanks!

martin solveig’s opening was sick… Deadmau5 entire set was amazing… BTW, Tommy Lee was on the drums for most of Deadmau5… 90na300zx, why didn’t you go? I’m buying my tickets asap for next year…

I stayed at the intercontinental this year, and it SUCKED, $430 a night and we were treated like shit, room wasn’t ready til 5pm, we were supposed to check in at Noon… got ID’d every time we tried to go in the elevators to our room… the rooms were nothing to look at… But only like 1/2 mile walk to Ultra so it made up for it.

Re-read the thread…i did go. and imo the mau5 sucked compared to anyone I saw in the state of trance tent. I don’t want live shitty vocals or tommy lee…i just want to see deadmau5 shred like he did last year. And I have friends that live in downtown miami 2 blocks from the venue, so that rocked.

ah my bad… Meh, guess we have a bit of different taste… either way. You going next year?

btw, the EMT’s raging in the ranger ambulance during deadmau were hellarious eh?

I had strong bad painted on the back of one of my snocross helmets… NO ONE knew wtf it was except for one guy I raced agianst, he nearly shit his pants laughing when he saw it.

Back in the day, me and some of my looser friends always tried to make it to WEMF. Every year was the last year, suppodesly, I think it did eventually die. I don’t know if I could go to one of these without lots of drugs though. Fun times

Don’t get me wrong, i’m a huge Deadmau5 fan…but it feels like his huge production shows like this are more just him promoting himself than really playing for the crowd. Look at his setlist…almost exclusively his own tracks. Look at EVERY other DJ’s setlist…very few of their own other than the anthem tracks they’re known for…and the rest just awesomeness.

I saw Mau5 at dragonfly a few years ago when he first got big, and he was sick…and even last year at ultra he was pretty good, but he, and tiesto, need to get back to their roots more.

deadmau5 is like the britney spears of edm

Someday i would love to go to something like that…

But I think everyone would laugh at the 32 y/o guy with long hair.

You have no idea…every type of weirdo from every walk of life attends this kind of show. While the vast majority are good looking people in their 20’s, there is still a large crowd of your typical alternative hipsters and mid life crisis-ers…

I was thoroughly suprised when I saw Tiesto in Toronto that there were people in attendance from all age groups.

Can I bring a theremin?