UMI lca brackets, BMR SFC's

LONG IN DETAIL POST

SUM AT THE VERY BOTTOM

Great job by the guys at UMI perfomance. I couldn’t believe the service I got from those guys!

To start off my trip about 1/2 way there my tq arm bushing bolt came loose and pop’d out! The tq arm is smacking off EVERYTHING. I knew instantly what it was. I babied the car the rest of the way to the shop.

Got there and was greated by a very friendly staff. Pulled the car around back and got ready to install a few parts. I brought them BMR boxed weldin SFC’s and was going to buy UMI LCA relocation brackets.

Well snag #1 occured when we realized that the tq arm should be bolted back in place first before any welding took place. The guys were way cool about fixing my tq arm problem for me. Got ahold of a bolt that would work, and bam, fixed.

While all this was going on, they were kind enough to weld up my Y pipe for me, it somehow magically split after having that car at the GM dealer.

They put the SFC’s in place and of course, my luck, the BMR driver side SFC was all outta wack. Bolt hole was way off, and the damn thing didn’t even line up correctly. They managed to place a jack under it and force it into place and that took care of that. Now I know the directions say you may have to use a jack or pry bar, but you’d have to of been there to see how jacked up this one really was.(dissapointed with BMR SFC’s…)

The rest of the install went ok, they had to do alot of crap to the driver side front LCA bolt holes to get them to line up correctly, the BMR unit was F’D in the A. After that they installed the weld in LCA brackets. Install looked like it went fairly smooth.

After it was all said and done, they even grinded down my bumpstops for me(17x11’s) and threw some rubber undercoating on that, AND cleaned up the SFC welds and painted them red to complete the clean install. Went to them for a SFC and LCA relo. install, left with that and my bump stops grinded off and Y pipe fixed.

These guys went above and beyond your normal performance shop. I got a little tour of there facility and saw some of the upcoming products. They even showed the difference in welds between there own stuff, and the comp. I would DEFINITLY recommend them for parts, and service. And the price was cheap to top it all off.

-SUM-

UMI is the sh*t. Great service, great parts. They actually care about your car!

BMR SFC’s didn’t live up to my expectations. Driver side SFC was very off.

Car hooks like a b*tch with the following mods…
BMR non adj tq arm - BMR SFC’s - UMI LCA relocation brackets - G2 LCA’s - G2 adj panhard - 315 555r’s

-j

ya i have UMI non adj. control arms and non adj. panhard rod!!! and there LCA relocation brackets!!! i have teh BMR adj. tq arm. and have SLP subframes to put on!!

yeah i know a kid w/ the red TA that works / owns the place nice kid a bunch of ppl around my area have all umi stuff…

cliffs notes/

Yea, If I could go back, I woulda got all UMI stuff. But I didn’t find out about them until after I purchased just about everything.

-j

Where is this UMI located?

http://www.umiperformance.com/default.aspx
just checked it out looks like they do a lot of stuff there.

JJ’s > them

JJ’s makes SFC’s, LCA’s, STB’s, TQ arms, ect… and installs all of them?

-j

sure :smiley:

Took 28n to I80E, got off at exit 123 then took 322 for a few miles. Can’t give you a total drive time because I broke down about 1/2 way there, and didn’t watch the time on the way back due to the fact that I was falling asleep at the wheel…

-j

UMI makes some pretty decent supension parts for f-bodys and a nice price!!