ummm... talk about Ape hangers.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2005/handlesc9.jpg

LOL thats gotta be fake how the hell could anyone steer like that?

ohhh I thought this was gonna be another make fun of skunk thread

+1 ha yeah that would be next to impossible to drive.

i wonder if that is real?

LOL no way you could drive that thing

thats fucking hillarious though

Seriously. That kickstand’s going to drag through every left turn. What an idiot.

That being said, I bet it’s real. Never underestimate human stupidity.

Am I also seeing a belt driven transmission?

Not only would it be a bitch to drive but it’d be murder on your lower back!

Bacon.

He’ll take off.

a little excessive?

nah

based on the exhaust i would say its real…stupid

I dont think it is…

only based on the mirrors…

though I guess if they are that high up I wouldn’t bother pointing them anywhere I could see anyways

Lot’s of bikes have belt drives, very popular in the harley/chopper scene.

Look closer. I know about belts connecting the rear wheel to the transmission output shaft. This looks like there’s a belt connecting the crank shaft to an intermediate pulley or something.

Yeah it’s called a belt drive :wink: Ever see any of the chopper shows that have been on tv over the past few years? They are pretty common if not a standard now it seems.

A part of me deep down believes that it is real and legitimate.

It’s called the primary drive and connects the crankshaft to the transmission input shaft. Usually it’s a double roller chain and encased, but a belt drive has less rotating mass, and less static mass when you consider the removal of the case.

it’s fairly common.

lol…

You guys are funny… and fry… you actually surprised me.

No it is not real (at least not real smart) . This pic has been all over the net. He would have to stand up to turn. ALSO - He would be pulled over immediately, and the bike would be towed to the impound lot. Ape Hangers… are usually illegal. You’re only allowed to go so high… which is actually so low that people don’t refer to them as hangers at all.

Based on the fact that the risers (the dealies that hold the handlebars) are like 9"+ and the fact that the exhaust and sissy bar look totally chopped… I’d have to say the whole pic is chopped. I also don’t see a clutch lever… and the front brake would be totally useless.

The kickstand would fold up closer to the frame once it hit the road, probably a loose spring.

The belt drive is very common…

The tassles are also horrible and overkill…

It is actually… probably some horrible show bike.