Ummm... ummm... ummm

I hate it when people are giving a presentation/speach and say “umm.” My technical rep was explaining something to a customer and said ‘umm’ 3 times in the first minute. This guy knows his stuff, no reason to say umm. I kicked him off the call and ended up keeping it high level.

Something not as bad but annoying is “You know what I’m saying.”

If I am in a presentation and someone is doing that annoying um… well… I stop listening for real words and keep a tally of how many times they said um so that I can tell them how horrible it was at the end.

omfg yes.

this one lady said You know what I mean after EVERYTHING.

it is worse than middle school girls that say “like”

i had to watch a 10 minute presentation in my one class the other day
kid said um 187 times
and yes i counted

You know like, ummm… that ummm… yeah you know.

I had a technical communications class where our presentations were recorded and we were forced to review them.

I never said “umm” in a presentation ever again after seeing how stupid it looked.

You mean like the great orator, Obama does.

:lol: You kicked him off the call! :lol:

I’ve gotten to the point where I stopped a woman in the middle of her presentation and said:

“If I knew what you ment, you wouldn’t be giving me this powerpoint.”

Hillary Clinton!?

No matter how smart you are, if you start off by saying… ummm, you lose credibility. I couldn’t have him kill my sale.

Ha my college psychology professor used to say um every 15 seconds for an hour and a half straight at 7am. It was awesome…NOT.

I had a commander who used to do that. It was really distracting when we were planning on a raid and all he kept doing was Ummmm and then UHHHHH

I personally believe… Therefore… such as… the iraq?

Then of course, Rome’s take on it.

than guess what i told im?
what did you tell him?
guess dude!
dude…i have no idea just fucking tell me what happend i dont feel like guessing!!!

I personally enjoy conversations that have “and stuff like that” thrown into them 20 or 30 times.

fillers are here to stay… as long as its a reasonable level i don’t see anything wrong

One guy gave a 45 minute speech on propane at work…they first group to sit in on it counted 147 ums. My Microeconomics teacher used to say You know what I’m saying after pretty much every sentence…

Did you go to UB?

Subramanian was his name?

Nope, and nope

Dr. Shields