Unlocked Iphone gets car

[quote=“Anonymity,post:19,topic:34502"”]

the other people that helped him only got a phone. And will always be known for the person who screwed his coworkers. but that is life.

[/quote]

yeah but those other people also know how to unlock them now… theres only one unlocked phone, and if they get on the ball and unlock it themselves, they could sell their idea to someone else

i dont think what he did can be punished. it was his property once he bought it, he can do what he wants with it. then he sold his possesion that he customized. as long as the second party owner doesnt claim warranty on it or try and mass produce the hack and sell iphones NEW with them, then i dont see how apple can have any case unless he started doing this as a service “bring me your iphone and i will hack it for $$$$$$”

Yea… WTF?

Um, dosent he show you how to do this?

[quote=“newman,post:16,topic:34502"”]

i know a couple of people who can shred a gibson. :gotme:

[/quote]

warning…Hackers reference not found :frowning:

Think he’ll wrap the Z around a tree the first week he has it?

[quote=“Inn-Tune,post:24,topic:34502"”]

warning…Hackers reference not found :frowning:

[/quote]

luckily he didnt copy the garbage file or he would be in some serious trouble

What a way to learn how to drive stick, on a brand new 350 Z. This is obviously with the assumption that the one he was given is a manual tranny.

What exactly did he hack? Im not a cell phone person but what does it mean he “unlocked” it and why is it such a big deal?

[quote=“Treads4Heads,post:28,topic:34502"”]

What exactly did he hack? Im not a cell phone person but what does it mean he “unlocked” it and why is it such a big deal?

[/quote]

each wireless provider has their own phones made specifically for their service, and the iphone was a joint venture with AT&T. you could only get the iphone if you had att, so it locked up the market for them, if you really wanted to get it, you had to dump your phone service you had, and sign up. now that its “unlocked” (the software/hardware has been configured to work with another phone companies service) the whole deal with att and apple is kinda for nothing if it goes public

HAHA ouch! thanks for explaining. Im suprised there are no legality issues with it but good for him finally being able to get laid.

[quote=“TRP951,post:26,topic:34502"”]

luckily he didnt copy the garbage file or he would be in some serious trouble

[/quote]

Insert Prodigy- Voodoo People and Hack the Planet.

Woooooo Hackers 1995 baby. OMFG 28k modem!!!

LAUNCH THE COOKIE MONSTER!!!

“I spent 500 hours of my own time, and unlocked an Iphone, and All I got was an overweight Nissan!”

its perfectly legal to unlock your phone, FCC ruled on it some time ago.

AT&T lawyers are already on it.

[quote=“newman,post:16,topic:34502"”]

i know a couple of people who can shred a gibson. :gotme:

[/quote]

0/10

[quote=“Violator,post:34,topic:34502"”]

AT&T lawyers are already on it.

[/quote]

They can have fun with that one. I’m sure the feds want to go after a 17 year old for hacking a phone he already owned.

[quote=“Roush97,post:36,topic:34502"”]

They can have fun with that one. I’m sure the feds want to go after a 17 year old for hacking a phone he already owned.

[/quote]

and he sold it (profit) to a company who plans on mass producing software/hardware providing the hack

and he posted public instructions undermining a exclusive contract AT&T payed millions for…

damn, talk about coming home with a handful of beans

NEEEERRRRRRDDDDDDDDD

Good for him… id take a sweet 350z anyday

that would be awesome if he joined roclife