Upcoming MUAY THAI camps...

may 6
june 3
and july 15

each day is a sunday, 4 hours with an hour lunch…10AM-3PM
intense, high energy, spiritual learning, physically demanding, rewarding.

if interested call 716-874-3939, this is Summit Martial Arts, on delaware ave, last time it was $80 a session, but call to confirm, as i dont know for sure.

equip needed: shorts, t shirt, boxing gloves, hand wraps

jump ropes are provided, but nice to have ur own

any other questions let me know

http://www.ko-kickboxing.com/features/History/MuayThaiPostcard2.jpg

huh?

I would love to do this. Fuck.

master toddy says you gotta tap tap

I’m assuming this is not for beginners.

I don’t think Muay Thai is for beginners at any point even though you need to learn somewhere.

When I trained in Muay Thai 2 months was designated for body conditioning as it is very very demanding. At some point over the course of the night it was expected to do 500 push ups or so, body shots to get used to taking hits and toughen tender areas up etc.

I miss this soo much it’s not even funny. I think I might do this. I am out of shape for this but I might do it pending no carlisle.

would be sweet… dont know a thing about it really tho… not something i could just walk in to? people are saing not for beginners

Uh yeah. Pretty much.

You could go and check it out, you are gonna work your ass off.

2:32 into that video is an awesome combo. He is quick to recover and move…

yea thats def a great part of the vid, that guy, Buakaw, has over 408 fights…he last won april 4th in K-1 Japan

oh hereeeeee we go:

Croation Kick Boxer Mirko Cro Cop is Bad ass!

yea but def not muay thai, he’s more MMA, but u know that

I was just curious if someone not familiar with muay thai could attend.

It doesn’t sound it.

Having not been to any of these one can only assume that it would be instructional not sparring. Either way your gonna work your ass off. If you want to do it you have 9 days. Start running, doing pushups and crunches now. Start stretching now as well in every way you could possibly think.

not having any muay thai experience isnt a problem…its the physically demanding part thats more important… yea there is no sparring, its mostly instructional, with pad work and focus mits as well…combination drills.and of course conditioning…theres also a few girls that are always there so if they can do it you probably can do… my first camp, i hadnt even trained in any martial art at all, its not like everyone there is going to be an expert and you are there tryin to keep up…the instructors are very understanding and willing to work with everyone, as long as you are confident, but honest about everything, you have to want to be there.

i don’t think this can be said enough

if you are going for your first time, you better start running… and running… and running now. :tup: