upstate races you'd like to see

Didn’t the Supra walk away from a Mustang on slicks from a dig that was talking shit at the lot last year??

the Z06 made over 500rwtq by 3100rpms OFF the spray…the supra, is a top end car and doesnt see its shit grinning numbers untill 6000+rpms…just my .02 tho…i could be wrong.

supra went 10.2 @ 139
z06 went 10.8 @ 136

z06 was on drag radials
supra was on wrinkle wall slicks

zo6 made 670rwhp
supra made over 700rwhp (actual number unknown to me)

what stang was that??

Don’t know, i’ve only heard stories on how they called his car a “matchbox”.

The ET’s show what can be done from a dig.

Are you serious?

Anyhow, R/T, the actual power that makes it to the ground, the gearing, etc… I can write a thesis on this but it would be pointless.

How many examples of top end Supras their power in the 5-6K range but can cut 1.4-1.6 60’s do you want?

go back and read what I said a few posts ago…I said IF THE z06 was on slicks and sprayed out of the hole…

if the z06 isnt on slicks, and doesnt spray out of the hole, the Supra is gonna win no matter how they race.

Does having massive tq at 3100 rpms really matter in a drag race?

I read this and that. Both are stupid. Sorry.

Obviously it does. What happens if it has 5000RWHP and 600000TQ? I guess that’s the clear winner.

no…but having massive torque will rip some nasty 60’s…IF you can put it to the ground.

What about the Hondas that don’t make a lot of torque that cut nasty 60’s? Is their lack of torque a conspiracy?

Explain the high horsepower imports that make torque later in the power band? How is that possible?

matchbox eh? any idea what year? fox, sn95 etc?

when a 500hp civic with slicks is sitting at the line banging off the rev limiter to cut a 1.5-1.6 60’ while a 670rwhp Z06 is just above idling to cut the same 60’…

They both cut the same 60’ yet the Z06 probably makes more torque? Doesn’t that go against your torque theory?

Keep digging that hole. :nono

i’m guessing fox body

shawn, what hes sayin is the z06 doesnt require as much effort as a honda to cut the same 60’. Take both cars and cut an identical 60’, say a 1.60, the z06 will be leaving at 2000-2500rpm, while the honda or torque lacking import will be bouncing off the 2-step at more lik 4500-5000. Not saying all imports are toque lacking but in most cases compared to domestics, we have the torque end covered pretty well.

i wanted to run the TT TA from a roll… just so it would be closer. I’m not going to run Hoosiers, no fenders or front bumper on the road haha. So from a dig the best i could do is run DR’s and i’m pretty sure it wouldbt be much of a video. Thats not to say i wouldnt do it for fun anyways. It’s whatever, i have no problem losing to a 670whp TT transam… or a 700whp supra, or a new z06 with a 100shot. If they want to go from a dig, it is what it is. I should have built a car that can launch, but since i didnt i’ll launch what i got. We should set some of these up, as soon as my fuel rail is re-attached.

thats exactly what I was saying i just couldnt figure out how to word it…thank you

what im also saying is rays supra might have some trouble if the Z06 is on slicks and sprays out of the hole…if hes not, the supra will win hands down…seeing as the supra went 10.2 on slicks @ 139…and the z06 went 10.8 @ 136 on DR’s, and only spraying 2nd-4th gear cause of traction issues…with slicks, and spraying in 1st gear, that Z06 is easily gonna pick up more then a 3mph trap.

That’s not what he is saying at all. He made references of torque (# and RPM achieved at) being some defacto justification for 60’ and that’s simply not true. There are several factors that play a role in that.

I love to watch him dance through his shit though. :slight_smile: