USB HD for x360

So I am looking for a way to play divx movies from my USB hard drive. It is formatted in NTFS so my 360 cannot detect it. Is there any way to reformat it to FAT32 so I can play movies from my HD? I’ve tried all the tutorials online, none of them works to reformat the HD to FAT32.

thanks

get partition magic or ultimate boot cd and format it toa fat32

tried partition magic, didn’t let me reformat to fat32

not sure if this is what you are trying to do or not but did you try going to

Start->right click on my computer->manage->disk management->right click the drive and select format.

How large is the hdd and what version windows?

Windows XP wont let you format to FAT32 as far as I know. Also FAT32 sometimes doesn’t report properly on XP.

Partition Magic should work. If not, then get a windows 95/98 boot disk and use that to get the fdisk program. Just make sure you format the right drive :slight_smile:

what do you mean; when i go into there and click format it gives me the choice of NTFS or FAT32:gotme:

Well WTF.

I could have sworn I checked it on a hard drive and it only had NTFS. I just plugged in my thumb drive and it has FAT or FAT32 to format it to.

Im done with my input to this thread.

What version of windows do you have? As far as I know, I tried that, and it only shows up NTFS. Windows XP does NOT let you reformat any drive to FAT32.

My HD is 250gb. I have XP.

i have xp home

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg132/tyczj/format.jpg