Use Less Oil

There isnt really a tips section anymore so i put it in here.

I just did an oil change and decided to fill up the oil to just the bottom of the low line and OMG the difference it made was huge.

Throttle responce and acceleration was unbeliveable!

I was skeptical when people were telling me this but its true i noticed a difference and so did my friend who i said nothing too just took him for a boot and hes like what did you do? The car responds quicker.

yes thats normal for the KA, keep watchign the level though because when you beat on any engine the levels will drop…

Ya the KA is known to burn little bit of oil.
But thats cool i have a whole friggin 700ml more! :stuck_out_tongue:

ARE YOU SERIOUS!???

Damn… this may be the cause of my loss of power after the oil change!!

When I first got my engine working, the tires used to break lose as soon as I hit 4000 rpm in first gear (from a rolling start)… After I got the oil change, I checked the level and I overfilled by a little, but never though anything of it.

Since the oil change, the tires hasn’t smoke in first gear since. I never knew this is possible. I always thought it might have been something else I did… hmm

The KA has the worst crank windage of any engine I’ve experienced. Quite literally the difference between my oil at the top hash or bottom has was either keeping up with SiRs or losing to an Si.

watch out for oil starvation in hard corners !!

Ahhhh never thought of that.

Thanks

What oil did you use? I know winter is coming around and so is my
oil change schedule. I put in Castrol GTX 10W30 sometimes in June.

Should I go with 5W30? And should I only fill it just near the LOW line?

I use Castrol Syntec and only Castrol Syntec in my car.

Spring 5w-30
Summer 5w-50
Fall 5W-30
Winter 0w-30

How about the SR? would I notice this type of difference in power with the SR?

how much of a honest differene will that actually make, i mean if you were to put the car on a dino. i can not see have a litle more oil making the difference between loosing to a si and beating a sir

It’s the opposite of my VQ35DE.
When my oil is low I loose power.
Unfortunately my engine started burning oil at like 47,000km due to those stupid pre-cats breaking down and getting sucked back into my engine… so whenever the oil was down below the hatch my car would feel like a DOG… when the oil was topped up it suddenly felt spritely again.
(i’ve got a new engine now, hooray warranty)

So your telling me you use 15w-40 Desil Oil in the Winter?
Good luck starting your car.

If you read my post i only use 5w-30 in the cold weather.

Phew, i thought you were goin to try running that oil in the winter.

I’ll put diesel oil in my car the day my car has a diesel engine.

Werd!

ok…

I did the “mod”…

dropped my oil level from overfilled to mid range.

noticed no difference.

It’s made for a diesel engine, that’s what.

Diesels spin slow but run hot. Our engines spin fast and run cooler.

If diesel oil was so good for our engines, wouldn’t Nissan and every other car manufacturer be recommending we use that? After all, if it makes the engine last longer and run better, wouldn’t we be using it already so that manufacturers could brag about better reliability and performance?

wouldnt’ you want to fill up your oil in the winter… because when they put it in it’s at about 20degrees… and when your outside it’s - 30 that means alot less oil

what the… now i feel dumb saying i use 10w-30 all year around… is that bad? just bought tons of pennzoil 10w-30 from cdn tire cuz it was on sale :smiley: