Using an old oil tank as a BBQ smoker [smoker build thread]

If so how did you do it?

That stresses me out just thinking about it.

edit: Nice edit, fggt. Now my post looks really dumb.

Toss it in a lake or something

You’re an engineer figure it out…

you should turn it into a smoker.

Hold on while I design a law that allows me to leave it in your front yard. :tup:

I don’t even want the damn thing on my property anymore.

SMOKER. DO IT. NOWWWWWWW

How much fuel oil is in it? I’m guessing you could get someone to pump that out for free or near free since it’s of value.

Dealing with an empty tank should be much easier than a full tank. Once it’s pumped out put a bucket under it and drill a hole in the lowest point. That that drip out for a week or so and it should be pretty dry. Then cut it up and put at the curb for scrap.

Dude this thing’s big enough to smoke half a cow at one time. Hmm…

I’m pretty sure Noco will pump it out and credit me for the volume, essentially buying the oil back.

But there’s just about nothing in it. Just by coincidence my new furnace was installed right as I was about to run out of oil. I may call Noco and have them suck the last bit out anyway.

BJ’s Odd Jobs

THIS IS MY POINT.

put it at the curb. someone looking for scrap will take it.

the proper way to dispose of the tank is to call a environmental company and have them clean out the tank and have it certified. they give you some paper work to show the scrap yard when you take it in. it will run you around $500 depending on how much fuel is in the tank.

No really, the oil company will pump the tank out. :picard:

I think I’ll edit my original post.

Tip it over and leave it at Tifft?

:bigblap:

I like it.

The market on the corner of millersport and transit will sell you half a cow… Do it.

one of our customers put it up on craigslist, and someone took it for free to make it a smoker, im sure someone has a use for it