VB.NET crew assemble!

i need to run VB.net at home. i have an apple computer. clearly, that’s not going to happen. what’s the bare minimum XP running computer i can buy that will slug its way through a CIS major’s homework? i don’t need anything fancy. just something that will work for what i need to do. i don’t want to do anything with it but homework. if i bought one used, what should i expect to pay?

why dont you just do it in a lab or something?

PM me with offers… I can help you out.

i do. but i can’t be at school all day. i work a full time job also. i’m not saying it can’t be done, it’s just a pain in the ass. i’d like to be able to work on this stuff at home at my leisure.

EDIT: rubicant you have PM.

Dex - You have a PM

rubicant, i swear to god one of these days i’m going to give you the best blow job ever.

why don’t you just run parallels if you have a mactel, or virtual PC if you dont?

virtual PC runs like shit. like horribly bad. it’s not even a supported program anymore.

i don’t have mactel.

If you’re going to be a CIS major you’ll want a good PC. Visual Studio is a resource HOG. If this is your career path and you can’t afford a real good PC you should probably sell the Mac and use that money to get a real good PC.

Good example, my dev box here at work has 3 gig of ram, and my laptop is a 2ghz pmobile with a gig of ram. VS 2005 Pro is much happier on my desktop, but runs ok on the laptop.

i don’t mind a little delay on visual studio. rubicant is hooking me up with a good enough system. i currently run it on my gf’s super shitty computer. it runs like shit, but it does it enough to get me by. i hear what you are saying about needing a good PC. i’m going to step it up a notch when the refund check comes next semester with a solid PC. i’ve entertained the idea of selling my iBook, but i really like it for day to day use and for my other classes. i will keep it, get this computer off of matt, and get a baller PC next semester.

EDIT: that sounds like a pretty sick setup that you have.

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind having my work computer disappear and somehow show up at my house. Heh.

you should probably make it appear at my house instead. <3

if you don’t care to spend a little, I can get you a deal on a new Dell.

i can’t currently spend too much. which is why i’m doing the bare minimum to get by.

i will need to get a baller dell or something next semester. can you always get the deal?