Vehicle Identification

junkmycar.com came and picked up my s13 parts car sans title and reg

they dont give you money but they do tow it out.

[quote=“Pauly,post:20,topic:30222"”]

News flash - theres numbers all over vehicles built since 72, not obvious ones but they are there… you can call a scrap yard as long as it’s over 10 years old and worth less than 750(or 1200?? think it changed) and do abandon vehicle paper work. its either am mv35 or mv37.

[/quote]

lol… I’ve never filled out a form for anything that i’ve taken / sent to a scrapper.

Actual conversation, from early last year:
Hello Sanford & Son? I’ve got a car i need you to pick up.
What is it?
90 Civic hatch
Whats wrong with it?
Its a shell, we used it for spare parts. not much left to it.
Got a title to it?
Nope, just bought it for parts.
You don’t get any cash if theres no title AND we have to pick it up.
Fine with me, just get it out of my yard.
Okay, we’ll send a tow.

Its not filled out by you, its filled out by the scrap dude. sometimes they have you sign it and sometimes not

[quote=“Nikuk,post:22,topic:30222"”]

lol… I’ve never filled out a form for anything that i’ve taken / sent to a scrapper.

Actual conversation, from early last year:
Hello Sanford & Son? I’ve got a car i need you to pick up.
What is it?
90 Civic hatch
Whats wrong with it?
Its a shell, we used it for spare parts. not much left to it.
Got a title to it?
Nope, just bought it for parts.
You don’t get any cash if theres no title AND we have to pick it up.
Fine with me, just get it out of my yard.
Okay, we’ll send a tow.

[/quote]

you dont have to have a title to junk a car i do it twice a week, i can strip it down fill it up and take it to dunns or call able or bargain towing and they come and get it and still pay cash at least 50 for a stripped shell

[quote=“Pauly,post:23,topic:30222"”]

Its not filled out by you, its filled out by the scrap dude. sometimes they have you sign it and sometimes not

[/quote]

ahh, i see. :slight_smile:

Skyway gave me $100 for a '92 Century that I stripped and took a bat/sledge/prybar/shovel to for a week, no title, had my neighbor haul it. I had a Mercedes shell picked up w/no title this winter, got $65. If you don’t feel like calling around, post on Craigslist and the scrap guys will be calling you.

or call me ill give u $50 and haul it off

I know someone that cut up a car with a saw and threw it out piece by piece over the course of a summer. Pretty sure the car was stolen, but who am I to say something!?! I mean why else would you do that?