vent work cleaning question...

why don’t you start by doing your own inspection somewhere in the duct work to see how bad it really is?

I used them earlier this year. I would say they did a pretty good job. If you can swing it, call them up and ask about the same day discount. If they have an opening the day of the call, or the following day they give you a pretty substantial discount. They have a camera scope and will show you the condition of your ducts before and after the cleaning. Cold air returns are always the dirtiest.
The whole cleaning took them about 3 hours in my house. Even though most of the house was still pretty messy from all the renovations I had going on, they were good about cleaning up after themselves.

FYI: I also got a quote from Indoor Air Professionals who was recommended to me. After speaking to them, I felt most confident in the work that the would have done, but they didnt have any openings for quite a while, and their price was almost double for what Stanley Steemer did it for with the discount. Without the discount SS would have only been slightly cheaper.

Why not just put filters at the distribution points instead of just in the furnace.

That’s how I keep my cleanroom at work clean, then again, my filter budget is probably a bit bigger, and the room has 55 air changes an hour.

I had Stanley Steemer clean my carpets once. They did an OK job. I had AAA Spectrum clean my carpets last year for less than half the price of Stanley Steemer and they did a fantastic job, way better than SS.

I assume you are talking about carpet cleaning because if you are still thinking about pissing away hundreds of dollars on duct cleaning despite everything in this thread then there is no hope for you.