Verizon 20 20 FIOS companys ?

Has anybody here had experience with them by chance? I have received a call about my resume and they are interested in meeting with me as well as sending me to CA or MD for a week of schooling and i would be working at the South Hills mall for sales. Now i have yet to hear about this 20 20 company and their sales for FIOS. They offer only $11.00 an HR plus $9-16 for each FIOS sold commission to start but it apparently has opportunity to move up. So is this all typical sale bullshit or is this legit?

Yes that sounds to me like high-turnover saleman farming to me. Fits the formula, anyway. All that work invested (on thier part) for 11/hr?

So a bunch of Bullshit you say?

My experience is mostly with Verizon Wireless, but the company is always rated relatively high in employee satisfaction and training. Sales is the foot in the door position on the wireless side. Leads to business sales rep, manager (assistant, store, district, etc) and if the benefits are similar it can be well worth the time spent in sales.

Think about it. They are “interested” and willing to “train you” so you can be a mall salesman @ 11 per hr. That doesn sound to good to me. I’m sure turnover rate is pretty high in these jobs, so it must be financially viable for them to spend out in order to keep employees. Makes me wonder what the opportunity to advance is, if any?

I marginally agree with the above IF that really is a foot in the door position. Most of the salesman-type’s never even have a chance to advance up the ladder…hell most of 'em are under 20. It seems to me that you’d have to be the svengali of sales to be noticed enough to move up quickly.

Sleeper, when i was working for verizon(Through a smaller company known as marketstar) marketing their FIOS product i was making 17.36 an hour, was flown to the hilton in dulles for 3 days worth of training and i made my hourly rate plus commission and scheduled my own hours, unless they are giving you that or better, screw it
oh and i was reimbursed fuel at 45.2 cent a mile

for 11/hr… wtf