Verizon VX8100

Anyone have this phone, I just paid $200 for it and it works good as everything but a phone. I want to know if I should exchange it for a new one of the same phone or get a different model.

go complain to Verizon… try the verizon store in Monroeville Mall (the actual store) and give the guy a hard time, because I hate him. :slight_smile:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yea, i have it… what do you mean it works as everything but a phone?
Mine works fine… haven’t had a problem with it yet… other than the battery only lasted a week before it needs charged every night… but that might be every phone :dunno:

why do you need a cell phone? So club rats can call ya? :slight_smile:

Well, The volume in the ear piece is piss poor at best, unless it is perfectly quiet i cant hear what the other person is saying. The reception is worse than my last phone the VX6000. and the people I am talking to say they have a hard time hearing what I am saying.

Like you Brad?

My VX6000 isn’t bad, its served me well but now its starting freeze on me…like if ur computer were to freeze up so i have to take the battery out and let it discharge from time to time. I was looking at the motorola line of phones on verizon’s website. They dont have fancy cameras and color crap but they come with speakerphone and bluetooth which is much more useful…all for the same price, around $150
If you can’t return the new phone just sell it on ebay or something and get what you want.

I’d say you have a lemon… my phone works great… only time my girl says she can’t hear me is when i’m not talking into the phone… I actually keep my volume on medium, cuz its very loud if its any higher than that… Also, the speaker phone is incredibly loud - pretty awesome when you need it… I dont have any problems with mine… except, i dont use 3/4 of the shit it has… i only wanted a phone for a phone… but it was free, so why not take the best eh?

Cool, thats what i was hoping for, i really like the camera on it and Ive found out how to put my own rings on it. Ill just take it back and get a different one.

i just got a PM-A740 by Samsung, taking it back in tomorrow in lieu of a PM-8200 by Sanyo

I just upgraded from a VX6000 to the new 9800. For just a phone it’s fairly big/heavy. But honestly I prefer that. But the QWERTY keyboard, huge screen Vcast, full on browser and the extra features it offers once opened up are friggin’ awesome. BTW I only paid $200ish (I think it was like $230 w/ tax 'n crap) and I have a $50 rebate to send in.

-TJ

My fav (Motorola E815):
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=1801

im probably getting this one because it looks hard to break.
http://cache.vzw.com/images_b2c/phones/lg/kyo_kx444.jpg

it’s defective… they should beable to replace it with a new one for free… i have a v265 and every two weeks it got quiet and quieter and nobody could hear me… soo exactly every two weeks, on a tuesday, i took it back, complained, got a brand new one, until my fourth one actually lasted

Thats the phone i currently have, its been a complete piece of shit so far. The front screen started going haywire, and now is completely dark. The infamous shitty motorola plug in charger is starting not to work the first time you plug it in.

Its been awhile since i had the old Motorola T720i (which was a POS also) I forgot how shitty motorola phones actually are. Im going to take it back and try to get an LG or kyocera.