VID: HybridConnection kills Mustang GT, 240SX, Lude, 3 Porche 944s, BMW 325

Cool good to hear the car held up.

I got to drive it… at least in my lot. lol.

big Tup to turning R & L.

so did you do your own pitstops during that 3 hour tour? that is iron man racing.

I was the crew, and we had help from the previous owners of the car, they were running a spec miata. Most people had co-drivers, Jeremy didn’t. He took a 5 minute break an hour from the finish. That and the 2 tire stops probably cost 10 laps at least.

I have the results in front of me, the winner did 131 flat out laps (He holds the track record, and wasn’t ever far from it during the race, John Marhelka), Jeremy did 112 laps short shifting much of the time. If you add the 10 laps it comes to 122 laps, or right in the middle of the field. Pretty good outing for his first race. Most new drivers do not do enduros, they do sprint races. Enduros are where the people race that are tired of short sprint races, so you have the best drivers and teams doing enduros.

After witnesing an enduro I have to say that I would much rather do 4 or 5 of those instead of 8-12 sprint races in a year, but they do require a large crew, a well prepared car, and a co-driver! If I had gotten my license at the same time as I had planned we could have co-driven the enduro, and maybe had a budget for some tires that were not 5 years old and wore out. Who knows what might have happened then?

It was a very fun weekend and a huge learning experience for both of us. I came home and looked at my race car in the garage and wished I could have had it out there. Next time for me. First school in the fall at The Glen, and probably the 2nd at Nelson next year.

Oh, and I apologize for my previous remarks, I jumped the gun a little there.