GTI>Me

Went out for a drive to clear my head of various personal problems, and was cruising down highway XXX when I came across a nice little silver GTI. I think it had a ski rack. No badging on the back 'cept for the VW logo so I didn’t know what motor it had. I wound up in front of it and it had a nice little halo thing going on with the headlights, which I’m not sure if it’s stock or not.

Traffic clears, I punch it to 95 and he keeps right up with me. He pulled up next to me looking to go, but I wasn’t in the mood so I waved him off. Apparently I really was in the mood cuz I kept dancing around with him over the next couple of miles. He got the hint and pulled up next to me and revved a couple times and was nice enough to offer the usual 3-beeps-n-go. So I nod and drop to 3rd. I thought I heard him give the first beep, then the second, then the third. I was a little unsure whether or not I heard the first beep so I hesitated slightly on 3. He got the jump then I hammered it with my front bumper at about the middle of his car. From then on through a 3-4 upshit to about 115 we stayed so dead even we might as well have been attached. I was starting to think he too must have had a 12V VR6 with a 3" PVC CAI. :stuck_out_tongue: At 115 I realized we were at a stalemate (read: I chickened out) plus we were about to enter a workzone so I shut down. So ultimately the GTI got me by about half a carlength. Well, the GTI and the Jetta were dead even so it was actually the driver of the GTI beat me by half a car length.

I followed him off the next offramp, he punched it and got to the light to go from a dig, but I couldn’t get around traffic so that didn’t happen. But I’m pretty sure I heard him blow-off on 1-2 upshift on his way to the light so at least I know I was racing a 1.8T. Exhaust popped a little on shut-throttle when he braked for the light. Sounded pretty nice, but must have been stock. Even a mildly modded 1.8T should have beaten me. So we gave each other the wave and went on our way.

Good race. Good fun. Good times. :tup:

that sounds like murdock to me. he stunts his DV pretty hard though so it might not have been him.

And now my clutch is shot. :banghead:

My kaa makes madd torque yo. A sixty roll pwn3d my clutch!

im surpised a VW beat something.

edit: just saw you had a jetta… the VW always loses.

Haha dude it was a VW-VW race, statistically a VW was guaranteed teh win.

accoring to all the vw hate, you both should have managed to loose somehow

good race though

Sounds like it was Don (murdock). Its nice to see a VW win for once :tup:

honest in death. ++ :tup:

Haha yeah, he wasn’t pulling on me but it was clear I wasn’t gonna gain on him either so I figured I had my fun, shut down before something goes wrong…

That explains how I was able to keep up! :tup:

good win…t:up to the VW