Vids, pics: NARRA US Time Trials at Pitt Race. Sequential gearbox test.

I went to the NARRA US Time Trials event at Pitt Race this weekend to test a new transmission that went in last minute. We had some issues due to the rush and this being the first test, but by the second day we had worked through most of them and ended up doing pretty well, finishing the day in second overall.

Here’s the US Time Trials Group lined up in order of quickest time from the wet session Sunday ready to go out on track.

In car video of my wet lap about 3 seconds quicker than the next closest TT car.

In car video with data overlay of mostly dry 56 second lap. Previous US TT course record 59 seconds. Unfortunately a fuel pump failed and I didn’t get to run full power. I came in 2nd by 2 hundredths of a second to the amazing turbo v8 Mustang shown in the lineup photo.

Unfortunately a fuel pump failure kept me from running full boost which would have improved my time significantly and I came in second for the day. Next time!

Since I’ve been asked for bloopers/out takes, here’s a 90 MPH powerslide over a crest. I found some bumps on entry and stayed in it.

Thank you to my crew at Innovative for the effort on the car.
Thank you to my sponsors Driveshaft Shop, Cusco, and Kartboy.
Thank you to Moore Performance and customers who helped out this weekend as well!

For more info on this build, tune, track and event check out:
www.InnovativeTuning.com
www.facebook.com/InnovativeTuning
www.facebook.com/MikeAtInnovativeTuning
www.PittRace.com
www.NARRAOnline.com

Truncated Press Release From NARRA:
Wednesday, August 6, 2014. (Wampum, PA) FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE REVISED

Pittsburgh produces titanic time-attack battle.

Mike McGinnis was the biggest surprise packet of the weekend, dominating in the wet and narrowly missing out on the TTU win on Sunday. © NARRA
Sunday

Weather meant Sunday was essentially divided in two. Rain in the morning, and a forecast for more in the afternoon, meant most competitors banked times on the wet track, before having to do it all again in the dry.

The biggest surprise was Innovative Tuning’s McGinnis (Subaru Impreza). He recorded the outright fastest time in the rain. Then when the sunshine appeared for the afternoon runs he continued to wow by well and truly taking the challenge to Faessler. In the third session McGinnis put in a blistering lap of 56.931 to momentarily seal victory before Faessler responded a lap later with a 56.910 to take the TTU win by less than two hundreds of a second. It was Faessler’s ninth round win of the season.

Nevertheless McGinnis’s performance, which came after a number of weekend struggles including swapping out a transmission, caught the eye of NARRA officials who awarded him the $200 Bad Boyzz Garage Hard Charger Award.

The next time the Whelen USTTC competitors return to Pittsburgh, the circuit will have doubled in length thanks to the extensive renovations being undertaken by owners Jim and Kathy Stout.

About the North American Road Racing Association - NARRAonline.com

In the business of entertainment as well as racing, the North American Road Racing Association aims to create the most spectacular events for drivers, teams, series, manufacturers, sponsors and fans alike. From three day national spectator events at premium venues to OEM driving experiences and one-off celebrity races, NARRA offers a full range of motorsport services including series and event sanctioning, management and promotion, publicity and in-house broadcast video production. For over 20 years NARRA has been known as the home of high-end, high-performance sports cars as well as where passion meets performance. The competition at a NARRA event is only matched by the camaraderie. Social gatherings and car club corrals often compliment the on-track action provided by series including the Radical Cup, Aston Martin GT4 Challenge and NARRA’s own US GT Championship and Whelen US TimeTrial Championship.

awesome.

did it look like they actually were working on the new track again, is is this just more of the same old “promises”?

Ownership changed. They paved a massive lot, put up multiple new buildings etc. They’re definitely working on it.

yeah, they had all that last year when I raced there and also told us about the new track that would be ready for this year.

Love it :tup: