Viper sets record for fastest mass produced car around the 'Ring with a window down

I wouldn’t say it’s badass at all. I have nothing against Vipers or ANY car that can come within 30sec of what it ran around NuR, but I wouldn’t consider it badass. Same reason I don’t think it’s badass when a $5k Civic beats a C6 Vette. People just work with what they got. You can only get so far with X amount of power, a suspension setup, weight and tires. Two cars with similar power, weight, tires, and suspension geometry shouldn’t be too far off in times.

Jesus christ, mafdick, can you contain the tears from your fucking pussy for 2 god damn posts you fucking crying little girl. I posted this because i know quite a few members here are into this type of racing and thought it was cool an american company and car broke this certain record class apparently. Chill the fuck out you crying baby.

:rofl

NO DIFFERENT THEN THE MUSTANGE COBRA JET.

:rofl

Don’t get pissy, Dodge/Chrysler might drop you as the head of advertising.

Badass, anyone that thinks that this is not impressive is clueless, have some fucking pride in American engineering jesus christ

We don’t have to compete. We’re the BEST!

Americarrr!

I posted this up for people like yourself who have a boner for this type of racing. I myself do not know anything about it, out of my league. even said in my op its cool to see an american car running this factory record and then you went on a 10 post tantrum about it. Sorry, its not your amazing hardly known specialty race cars you know all about or a riced out del sol.

If the title was

Dodge Viper ACR sets new Nürburgring lap time of 7:12
(same as the Jalopnik article) then I wouldn’t have typed a word. :dunno

?? Im not seeing whats so confusing for you about that.

The acr is a production race car like the cobra jet.

So, there pass isnt a record like they stated in the description? You know this for sure over all the other people?

Acr is street legal, cobra jet isnt.

I don’t think one person here said it was unimpressive. I think a majority are just “upset” that Dodge is setting their own record classes. It’d be similar to a top fuel drag racing team saying “we set the fastest record for top fuel cars under 300mph.”

There are faster production cars, but they don’t want to include them so they can say it’s their record. They’re trying to create a gray area on what’s a production car in order to cause people to question the faster cars and reclassify them.

So many fucking retards posting lately…

Blame reading comprehension levels?

Back on topic…

They specify in the article that is a major manufacturer production car record. Essentially that’s like breaking down records that already exist.

Record -> Record for a car -> record for a production car -> record for a production car made by a major company.

What’s next? Breaking it down to fastest major manufacturer production car by wheel size? Tire size? Color? Engine configuration?

I’m not saying the “record” is bad at all, good for Dodge trying to set records for cars that are no longer made. I’m going there next week to set fastest E46 BMW M3 record on street tires with a fat driver and stock suspension record. I’ll let you guys know how it goes.

A production car is different than a production race car. The Viper has no power, a/c, like you stated. It also doesn’t use street tires and is only street legal if you remove the front splitter, which makes a huge difference. It may be available for purchase and be street legal, but how can you compare it to an LFA, GTR, ZR1, etc that have all the street car amenities? Remove the a/c, power, nav etc and throw R-Compound tires on an LFA, GTR, or ZR1 and see how the ACR fares against them.

Also, you can’t compare the ACR to the Cobra Jet because the Cobra Jet will never be able to drive on the road legally. It has no vin number.

googling “cobra jet”

Don’t waste your time :lol

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/113/854/206874807.gif?1302746170

Just bought a white LFA.