Viper sets record for fastest mass produced car around the 'Ring with a window down

Buschur racing stock seatbelt and glovebox record.

Well said Cossey

I was waiting for an STM analogy. :lol

Well said. If we were going by fastest street legal production car, the Radical SR8LM destroys just about all on that road.

And I say road because I swear I’ve driven shorter distances getting to tracks than that course is long :lol

Why would you exclude radical?

It’s just as unreasonable as a street car as the viper.

Looks ridiculous on the street, no amedities or features, stiff suspension etc.

Granted it’s impressive that they came back and dropped 10 seconds from their previous time just by “actually trying this time”, but while I hate the LFA and the price tag I’m more impressed by a straight street car doing as good as it did.

Viper held the “record” last time after barely trying and having a shitty lap. Now a few years later after they got shafted they actually gave it a serious try.

I can’t believe people are still talking about the radical… I just saw one driving down the road earlier…

Going to stop by the radical dealership later and check them out…

So now we are counting production numbers?

“Viper sets record for most produced street legal racecar you can buy at a dealership”

I see 10 ACR’s on the way to work daily :number1

this is a good point. The ACR “hardcore” which is the one they raced comes on the R-comps, no radio, no carpet, the only “amenity” it has over the radical is a roof and windows.

Back tracking from that though, the whole Nurburgring lapboard is a cluster fuck anyway. I’m not just hating on the ACR, I dislike logging “records” with cars that have any changes over production trim. Every time the change the tires or drop some weight off the car just to make the record it makes it pointless in my book.

Simple difference, you can’t take the ACR to work without seeming ridiculous, while other high end exotics or even a stock viper will merely make you a deuche but won’t look out of place.

On the other point these times really don’t matter for anything else other than a marketing gimmick fan boy time battles. The cars are adjusted from being showroom floor, there is no sanctioning body making sure the cars are legit and does any owner actually give a shit that their car just went a second or two faster around the 'ring? Few if any will barely see any track time or much less the ring and what a professional driver will set on a 10 mile course has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that an owner of an ACR will arguably be quicker around most tracks in a stock E46 M3 rather then spinning out everywhere in the ACR.

Leave the 'ring times to race cars.

I give more value to the time set by the ACR-X than just an ACR.

With no 2011 model year Vipers being built, SRT turned to Tomball Dodge who supplied two brand-new 2010 Dodge Viper ACR’s off of their showroom floor.

I dont get why this is different than the lfa or zr1 etc. Doesnt say anything about an acr hardcore edition. Says off the showroom floor acr. So, theyre wrong? They didnt take the major automakers record as stated? I wonder what 8 people of shift 518 know that these people dont. Did you guys all enjoy your time there? How was the plane ride?

The major manufacturers record? As far as I know, Dodge created that record
sometime on or before 9/14/11. Purely a coincidence that they happened to run a time slower than the manufacturers record. But they’re major. So it’s different.

Bump. Any1 kno?

Understandable. And also no worse than the Supra/Evo “world record with stock cams stock ecu 93 from Vlads Mobil” guys:lol

Way different than ZR1 / LFA.

pretty sick ! the only car i compare vipers to is a vette

I THOUGHT YOU KNEW??? OMGOMG

How so? They’re both considered super cars and race cars you could say. The zr1 and the lfgay just cost a lot more. So what the acr doesnt have air conditioning and power windows.

actually the acr and zr1 and nearly the same price.

Well, alright then. Still.

Don’t beat around the bush, just say Pete.

:rofl

still a badass car and id take one over a silly vette any day of the week. the viper has character. vettes dont imo