Viper vs Me.

Adjusting my dump valve yesterday, when along comes a red viper convertible with a wing on the back slowly passes me in the left lane. There is traffic in the right lane so I switch lanes to get behind him. We get caught at a red lite, (I’m still behind him) when the lite turns green he takes off a little on the fast side, I pace him, he floors it and so do I. I stayed on his bumper till about 120 and feel the car missing, when I look out my back window and see lots o smoke. I let off and turn into a gas station, he sees me turning and does the same. I thought I blew a head gasket but the dumb ass I am, I had the tranny in 3rd, I was hitting the rev limiter causing the miss. Not sure why it smoked, but all the way home it was o-k. Oil Pres ok, temp good. Guess I lucked out on that one.:cjerk:

nice run. sucks about the head gasket.

doesnt your converter lock up at 85?

:tup: GN’s out n 'bout.

hmm… Sean maybe?

[quote=“Choda,post:2,topic:30991"”]

nice run. sucks about the head gasket.

[/quote]

reread the post, he was hitting the rev limiter in 3rd.

HYBOOST - is this Ken? If so this is jeremi …

nice

[quote=“choko,post:7,topic:30991"”]

HYBOOST - is this Ken? If so this is jeremi …

[/quote]

Hey Jeremi, Yeah it’s me. New to the board, but not to a lot of the guys here. Gotta meet up at the track or wherever, have a beer. Mock out Wholesale tranny! LOL.

[quote=“BuickGN,post:3,topic:30991"”]

doesnt your converter lock up at 85?

[/quote]

Yeah, but I still hit the limiter. On a 1/4 mile track, I hit around 117 at about 5600 rpm, in 3rd gear, while still pulling, so I was bouncing off 6 grand locked up, in 3rd. Figure around 120ish. I raced rrsti last summer ask him how fast we were going, He said somewhere north of 135, but that race I was in o.d.
That is a quick street car, and that was before all his latest mods.:smiley:

[quote=“Final GTS,post:5,topic:30991"”]

hmm… Sean maybe?

[/quote]

Diddnt get his name, We stopped for a sec to talk, he too thought I blew up due to all the smoke. He was a upper 30 something guy, looked Italian, pretty cool dude. He said his car isnt stock.

[quote=“HYBOOST,post:10,topic:30991"”]

Yeah, but I still hit the limiter. On a 1/4 mile track, I hit around 117 at about 5600 rpm, in 3rd gear, while still pulling, so I was bouncing off 6 grand locked up, in 3rd. Figure around 120ish. I raced rrsti last summer ask him how fast we were going, He said somewhere north of 135, but that race I was in o.d.
That is a quick street car, and that was before all his latest mods.:smiley:

[/quote]

btw ken this is rons son kevin, met u at the meeting and duffs monday.

nice burnout while leaving also :slight_smile:

wow this feels like a family reunion

[quote=“kingsario,post:13,topic:30991"”]

wow this feels like a family reunion

[/quote]

LOL!