vlsd question.

hello…i have a few quick questions about a vlsd im about to throw in my car…

1st…there is sum kind of air cap on top of the diff,mine is gone now cuz the cap rusted off

2nd…wut exact amount,brand,thickness of gear oil do u guys suggest.

and 3rd…will there be a cap thing on my open diff i can just swap on…if not,does neone have one of those little caps with the spring and the rubber washer.

thanks alot.

jesse.

no one can help out…

hey man, i know what you mean, my breather rusted off too, you need to get another cover with an ok breather from another diff, if you wanna swap it, yuo have to make sure that the actual nipple isnt rusted, if its not, you can swap one over from you open diff, if so, get another cover it’d be easiest

for the oil check the other thread going right now theyre talking about it

that happened to me too…i didnt kno wtf it was at 1st so i plugged it up with a short screw…maybe not a good thing…but i havnt noticed anything horrifying…yet?

muwahahahhahahahahhahahahaahahah YET, YETTTTTT, lol sorry, just make sure that screw doesnt fall in there

^^^^^^^^^^lol nahh its highley unlikley that it will fall in i tapped the hole before hand plus the head of the bolt/screw is huge…my diff aint breathing thats all. I dont see why it needs to breathe.

thats good, it needs to breathe when u take turns like a maniac and when the temperature outside changes, you guys can try putting a really fine metal mesh sheet over it, wrapping it around the nipple, and hoseclaming it on, possibly two layers, or maybe a really mini k&N breather for it hahahah

hahahahahaha not evvvven, i figured it was a breather…

but if it needs to breath taking corners like a maniac then the k&n would get drenched,and that mesh would alow particles in the diff= no good

and i noticed the cap HAD a spring and a rubber washer in it…so i dont know how well that was breathing :roll: …but if its on my open diff and its not rusted to anal,then ill swap that in.

if not ill order it at nissan for like 2 cents