VQ35 Engine

Hello,

Just inquiring, I was wondering, if anyone knows exactly how much these VQ35 engines go for?

Just trying to entertain the thought of swapping a VQ35 into the S14.

Is there a difference between the VQ35 engine from a 350Z and a… wait, i forgot the other car, (as per jstn) there is another car that has the same VQ35 engine as the 350Z other than the G35.

all the 3.5 L engines of nissan and infiniti are the same.

quest, altima, maxima, 350z all share the same engine. just HP differences based

the parts they use, ie cylinder head, ecu, + other small things

I believe its the Max… and (IIRC) I believe there is a difference.

It will cost you 7k for a non rev-up, 9k for a Rev-up and 11k - 12k for an HR engine.
I dont think this includes ECU.

DO THE SWAP! and get a REv-Up… gives you 300hp to the crank!

Don’t forget to boost it at the end and get some big big HP numbers.

BOOOST FTW!

You can find a used non-rev up block for around 5g’s… good luck with that.

Maxima and Altima with the VQ are same engine as Z’s and G’s, but more tuned for efficiency as well as under different dyno not to disgrace the Z’s and G’s. There was a Altima 3.5L at track, on the straight, we were about dead even.

There was someone on here selling a 350Z engine,tranny, ECU and harness for about 5000.00 I believe. I’ll see if I can find the thread.

Found it : http://www.torontonissan.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=1086

I was wrong it’s only 4700.00

if you want used you can find one on car-part.com for around 2000 plus shipping

IIRC there is a difference between the front wheel drive version and the rear wheel drive version of the engine.

i have no idea what you are talking about. educate me.
what is the difference between a non rev-up and a rev-up? and HR engine?

car-part.com sounds like a myth… has anyone actually even bought parts off that site? i remember someone told me to look on that site before, when i was looking for the z32 brakes, and honestly, i didn’t find jackshhhhhhhhh… lol

thanks for the suggestion though

^Ok… I will give you the dirty basics…

Non Rev-up available in model years '03-'05 (and '06 autos)
287 hp, 273 ft/lbs
6600rpm redline

Rev-up available in model years '05 35th anniversary - ’ 06 MT
300hp, 260 ft/lbs
7000 redline

HR available in '07
306hp ***ft/lbs (with new SAE corrections)
7500 redline
Dual Throttle Body/Intake design.

NON-REV UP FTMFW!!! I got more torque than Church, bwahahaha

http://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi

ok ignore that it doesn’t work. There are about 40 engines available in Canada alone for 2003.

^I think the OP wanted to know if you, or anyone else on this board had purchased from that site before…?

^ that is correct.

can anyone actually vouch for this site, and claim that this site actually helped them find and purchased the part that they were looking for?

it makes sense now. who knew it would be that basic?

wow, at these prices, i might as well sell my car, and get a used 350z for about 25-30g’s…

i think that would be the best option. time to start saving

car-part.com is just a site to point you in the right direction to an autowrecker. Yes I have used them to find parts but I can’t vouch for every wrecker in north america. Find the part call them up and negotiate.

how’s the aftermarket support going for the HR? are the internals eny different at all? from the previus 2 ones?

Totally different

i dunno about the differences in the engines from DE to HR but…

I have heard quite a few times the FWD and the RWD is the same castings etc

the Altima SER had almost exactly trhe same EVERYTHING as the 350Z and this is why they cancelled it.
not only did it bite (only a touch) into the 350z sales

it took a massive chomp out of the Maxima sales!!

this P.O’d some Nissan execs as dealers lost maxima sales to hungry sales guys at other dealers
who would offer the Altima SER as a much cheaper alternative to the MAX…

execs hate this kinda in-fighting.

but ya the only diff was computer stuff…I’m pretty sure you can get a maxima or altima SER motor and drop it into a 350z

or like your post speaks of…do a frankenstein swap but you’ll probly need the 350z computer…

RUMOUR:
also these cars have some weird shit goin on with their computer systems…as in the alti’s have a computer, tranny computer, server computer (type thing), and apparently need to be matched to eachother…
I dunno if thats just a rumour or not tho

so good luck and ha ha
fck yall I got a 4 banger! woot to the super good gas mileage

ok… im lying…I admit it i wish i could swap in a 350z drivetrain…