vr6 ecu reflash

so i have an 02 gli vr6 and it is having warm stall problems
when the car is hot and off when i go to start it again the rpms like to wander then stall
i did a little research and found out this is not uncommon and the car just needs the ecu reflashed
so i figure if i need to get it reflashed might as well put a mild tune on it
so if anyone knos of anyone in the area that can help me out that would be great
or if im completely wrong all advice is appreciated

I have the same car, IMO no chip is really worth the money. My car has the reflash on it from the factory that is supposed to fix this but it still happens. When you notice it just blip the throttle a little bit and it will correct.

02.5 gti, same engine, same flash, same issues still. it tends to not stall out completely with the dealer flash, but still wanders from like 400-1000rpm while doing it.

like whitey said, just blip the throttle or maybe get a giac chip. I think they are in the $300-ish range, then another 100 if you want the flashloader.

you are supposed to pay for the dealer reflash unless it is a recall item. i ran into this w. my mom’s car. she just got a dealer reflash that i managed to get done via friend network. if she had to pay for it, she was getting chipped.

yet i wouldnt rule out the fly by wire throttle body. they like to roam rpm from time to time.

if you wanna go giac, let me know. my work is a giac dealer. majority of our customers are porsche audi, but we can do vw too.