VW>subie.

so I ran my friends legecy GT… we did three runs, first run we started 1st gear at about 10 mph…i spun all thru 1st and 2nd and chirped third (keep in mind it had just stoped raining) i pulled him by 2 car lengths… the next two runs were at about 25 mph until 90 and i pulled a car on him each time.
I drive a '06 GTI stock besides apr tunning. he has intake,downpipe.

Was he auto?

nope…i belive they are 5spd manuals.

Not all of them, They also come in auto with button shifting.

Hmm… I watched a legacy gt with just a downpipe run mid 13’s all day at the track about a week ago. Are the new GTi’s really low 13 second cars? I haven’t kept up with the new VW specs.

It’s all in the tuning :wink:

X… :lol:

was it that ian kid you ran? with the sti grille on his legacy? :ham:

Nice. :tup: I’ve seen a bunch of dynos on vwvortex that have the new GTI’s with APR tuning around 210WHP and 250WTQ and I’m not sure how old those dyos were or if APR has made any advances since then, so yeah they can be made to be reasonably quick little buggers. Fit and finish is great on these cars too. I wonder how reliable they’ll be…

Do you happen to remember the mph?

remember fwd>awd from a roll

i know its a manual tranny… i just wasnt sure if they are 5spd or 6spd…and yes…he would take me from a dig but it had just finished raining and we ran from 10-25 mph rolls. I havent tracked my car yet but people on VWvortex are running low 14’s on street tires with just tunning.

Now what stage is your GTI??

apr stage 1… no other mods

[QUOTE=sedlmeier101]i know its a manual tranny… i just wasnt sure if they are 5spd or 6spdQUOTE]

5spd. The 2007 Legacy GT Spec B will be the first 6spd Legacy.

he walked right into that one…

98-99 mph.

If the VW pulled a whole car on him by the end of just 3rd gear that puts it around 103 mph trap. Maybe they really are that fast, but I’m skeptical. With that kind of trap it could run with a stock STi from a roll.

APR must = s00p3r tun3rs

unlike anyone else on this forum im not exagerating my win, there is no point to blow smoke up your guys asses… ok?

you never answered me. if it was that ian kid you ran, i pretty sure he cant drive at all.

yeah it was ian…but i mean how hard is it to shift at or near redline?

for some ppl you’d be suprised

run my car plz :slight_smile: