VW?

[quote=“Haenszel,post:66,topic:30512"”]

its about $500, and a generic program per ecu code.

Older ecu’s must have the chip replaced, flash loading was not available. AEB is one of these as it uses a 29f200 vs a 29f400. It has much less space available for these fancy features.

[/quote]

yep thats true, if youre looking for a generic chip its anywhere from $350-500, brands range from neuspeed p-chip, upsolute, wetterauer, mtm, apr, giac… i must be forgetting some, but apr/giac are the most agressive “generic” programs, and run 500… giac on the older ones removes your chip and solders in a socketboard so you can swap the stock and giac chip at will. mine(2003 awm DA serial ecu can be flashed but they soldered out the stock chip so i could revert if necessary at a later time)

[quote=“Minglor,post:73,topic:30512"”]

I guess you are speaking for yourself on that on huh…

[/quote]

basically 1st gear is useless, you can get up to 10mph before spinning your tires, 2nd is fun til 3000rpm and then you spin, and 3rd you break loose “up top” around 3800, so basically you gotta do everything from a roll…

edit:: on 26psi*

[quote=“speedracer329,post:82,topic:30512"”]

basically 1st gear is useless, you can get up to 10mph before spinning your tires, 2nd is fun til 3000rpm and then you spin, and 3rd you break loose “up top” around 3800, so basically you gotta do everything from a roll…

[/quote]

Who is you??

I have zero traction issues.
I sometimes forget how much FWD sucks and consider buying something with fwd again.

<- MINGLOR.

[/quote]

hahaha.

FWD = LOL

i is me, i also had traction issues with my '99 e46 328i supercharged, so yeahhh maybe its just me…

wait you had an sc’d e46 328i and you traded it for a 1.8t passat???

:bloated:

yup i bought the passat to keep myself out of trouble after losing my license for a yr…

[quote=“BIG E,post:76,topic:30512"”]

vws are gay.

[/quote]

I disagree.

[quote=“bernmeister,post:89,topic:30512"”]

I disagree.

[/quote]

haha he owns one.

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:75,topic:30512"”]

Timing belt and water pump only costs like $250 and you only have to do them every 70kish, the wheel bearings are like $45

[/quote]

that’s not bad at all…
for reference, I had to do both rear wheel bearings on my old 96 impreza… they were $85x2…
Not to mention the lateral link bolt on both sides were completely fused to the link bushings and had to be torched out.
the bolt was a dealer item for whatever reason, $35x2.
the bushings were $28x4.

I guess just be prepared to spend money, because that’s what keeps cars going.

[quote=“burnt_toast,post:91,topic:30512"”]

that’s not bad at all…
for reference, I had to do both rear wheel bearings on my old 96 impreza… they were $85x2…
Not to mention the lateral link bolt on both sides were completely fused to the link bushings and had to be torched out.
the bolt was a dealer item for whatever reason, $35x2.
the bushings were $28x4.

I guess just be prepared to spend money, because that’s what keeps cars going.

[/quote]

:clap: Someone who gets it.

Every car has it’s issues.

[quote=“cky89,post:90,topic:30512"”]

haha he owns one.

[/quote]

Oops :retard:

and 3rd you break loose “up top” around 3800
edit::

on 26psi*

[/quote]