VW?

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:59,topic:30512"”]

TOONING

[/quote]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/haenszel/T00ning.gif

There she is.

<3 you Haenszel you nazi bastard.

OT: I need a chip for my 1.8T, hanszel do you still burn these?

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:63,topic:30512"”]

OT: I need a chip for my 1.8T, hanszel do you still burn these?

[/quote]

I have teh burner, i dunno if I still have chip files though.

when i got my k03 chip they sent me back the stock chip, but yea the ecu’s are flash loaded. there are so many different models of the 1.8 it depends on your ecu serial number. if you have a b5 passat opposed to a b5.5 passat/b6 audi a4 your tunes are going to be easier to get ahold of…

oh and yeah someone told me to buy a $300 cable from ebay and use my laptop to burn out software for my 1.8, mmm its not a honda… bank about $1000 if you want a serious professional tune, GIAC finally finished mine 6mos late…

[quote=“speedracer329,post:65,topic:30512"”]

bank about $1000 if you want a serious professional tune

[/quote]

its about $500, and a generic program per ecu code.

Older ecu’s must have the chip replaced, flash loading was not available. AEB is one of these as it uses a 29f200 vs a 29f400. It has much less space available for these fancy features.

1.8t’s are by far the worst thing VW/ Audi has ever come up with. Good for dd’s, thats about it.

[quote=“LowlyOilBurner,post:67,topic:30512"”]

1.8t’s are by far the worst thing VW/ Audi has ever come up with. Good for dd’s, thats about it.

[/quote]

LOLZ… Try doing shit to VR6, your going to need way deeper pockets then a 1.8t.
A chipped 1.8t will walk any stock VR6

More bang for your buck IMO

[quote=“Smaefer,post:68,topic:30512"”]

LOLZ… Try doing shit to VR6, your going to need way deeper pockets then a 1.8t.
A chipped 1.8t will walk any stock VR6

More bang for your buck IMO

[/quote]

Yeah, i guess so. Still Ghey…lolz.

Oh, forgot to mention that 2/3 sets of tires wound up “cupped” in the rear. Rippled tread, makes a hell of a lot of noise. Which I guess is an indication of an alignment problem. Since the rear of a MKIV isn’t adjustable at all, that means something’s bent. :slight_smile:

So that’s what? 21 things in need of attention in 30 months? 8.4 problems per year? :headbang:

There’s a reason why VW’s are towards the bottom of Consumer Reliability lists.

the real problem is people on the forum think everything that drives should be modded…

1.8t is a great engine, there are not many problems with vw’s…

second, the 2.0t is one hell of a powerplant… =)

[quote=“speedracer329,post:56,topic:30512"”]

you can make a quick 1.8, and yes you can swap out the turbo, common swaps are k03s, k04, gt28, gt28r, gt25, uhh you can make an easy 320whp on the 1.8 and the stock block and internals are rated to 400hp, but youll never make traction so yah, uh forget it, its impractical…

[/quote]

I guess you are speaking for yourself on that on huh…

[quote=“VANDIT,post:72,topic:30512"”]

the real problem is people on the forum think everything that drives should be modded…

1.8t is a great engine, there are not many problems with vw’s…

second, the 2.0t is one hell of a powerplant… =)

[/quote]

yeah, about that problem thing…

Timing belts that like to fail early
Wheel bearing that like to scream
MAFs that love to die and bit holes in your pocket.
Coil packs…
Random fun electric issue.
I am yet to do rear pads on a VW/Audi where the rear caliper isn’t seized in some fashion.

Those are “common” issues just off the top of my head I am sure I could search for a few more
I bought my audi knowing all this because I like the way the car drives (read:AWD) and got a great deal on it from someone who is know for taking great care of his cars.

It will be the last VW/Audi I own. (unless we ever see a diesel rabbit but in that case I still would rather have a diesel honda.)

[quote=“Minglor,post:73,topic:30512"”]

MAFs that love to die and bit holes in your pocket.
Coil packs…

[/quote]

the beetle in a nutshell. ^^ coil pack failed right after haenszel did my timing belt and water pump. ooof.

Timing belt and water pump only costs like $250 and you only have to do them every 70kish, the wheel bearings are like $45

vws are gay.

Had Jesse bought a 1.8t instead of a 2.slooooooow. He wouldn’t be dead on Dom’s lawn. That crazy cracka thinking he can keep up with an sr20 powered honda without a 1.8t.

HAHAHA!

Fuzzy!

[quote=“BIG E,post:76,topic:30512"”]

vws are gay.

[/quote]

shut the fuck up and quit sucking.

[quote=“Minglor,post:73,topic:30512"”]

I guess you are speaking for yourself on that on huh…

Those are “common” issues just off the top of my head I am sure I could search for a few more

It will be the last VW/Audi I own. (unless we ever see a diesel rabbit but in that case I still would rather have a diesel honda.)

[/quote]

I know of more than one MKIV Jettas with 1.8gheys that have these issues.

Bad wheel bearings in the rear that will come apart while driving. Bad wiring on the ignition harness that cause misfiring, timing belts that are due etc…

Oh well, lots of money to repair correctly.