wana see what 10k in aircraft parts looks like?

this is what 10k in avionics looks like, gotta love them airplanes.
http://grantfarmerracing.com/cessnapanel.jpg

0.00/10

^^hahahah

I don’t know if I get the point of this thread. Was it started so that everyone else has something to make fun of you for? Someone help me out here.

http://www.tliquest.net/ryan/misc-pictures/misc_funny/01-antiwar_protesters.jpg.

ROFL ^^^^

:biglaugh:

ok… 10K in avionics is nothing… hell, the suite of avionics that I just designed and we’re now transfering to MFG for the Eclipse 500 Business Jet is over double that… and that’s only the 2ndary avionics, the primary displays & FADACs we don’t even do, and those are even more $$…

3 different of the assemblies each cost $4K ea, 2 others cost in around $2K ea, and the remaining fill out a total of about $4K total.

http://www.eclipseaviation.com/eclipse_500/avio/flight_deck.html

I did the design work on everything shown except the Primiary-Flight-Display, and Milti-Function Display.

worst thread evar…

So… how much would it cost so that I could hook that to my computer. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Oh right can’t believe I forgot the bandwagon. OMFGDIAFWTFLOLBBQ?

Nothing. It has a USB attachment

Can a mod please move this to the huge nerd corner?

We’ve got a hardcore Microsoft Flight sim nerd on our hands :lol:

:lol:

No, you guys have got it all wrong.

Thrust Vectoring was first used in a trivial form on Nazi Germany’s V-2 rockets. These rockets were devastating to the Allies in WWII with their accuracy due to graphite control vanes that helped the guidance of the missile.

Modern rockets, both SAMs and Air-to-Air missiles have been using thrust vectoring to increase their agility in flight, and hence make them more lethal. During the Cold War German military planers recognized the shear numbers of Soviet fighters, and believing that any war would include intense Dog Fighting, began to look for ways to even the odds. Wolfgang Herbst with the Messerschmitt-Boelkow-Blohm, now Deutsche Aerospace, Company led a team in Post-Stall engineering.

Post-Stall describes a flight condition in which normal flight controls, like flaps, are no longer sufficient to maintain the flight ability of the aircraft.

His team investigated new flight laws to describe the movement of an aircraft in Post-Stall flying conditions.

Why is Thrust Vectoring so important for modern day fighter jets? It‘s main purpose is to provide our jets with more mobility in close encounter (within visual range) combat. During a dog fight planes lose speed and altitude to gain a high angle of attack, (AOA).

These high AOA can produce a stall, or loss of flight controls in an aircraft, but a jet with thrust vectoring can have a much higher AOA without stalling. A jet with thrust vectoring can perform a maneuver called the “helicopter” where it is in a controlled flat spin while the nose of the fighter, hence its gun, remains on its target. This added agility can also help fighters avoid deadly missile attacks that have threatened the lives of so many of our pilots in conflicts in Vietnam and Iraq. Thrust Vectoring can also be used to overcome flight limitations in bomb runs, and maintain maneuverability even with the additional bomb load.

It can also shorten the takeoff distances, and reduce the “wind-over-deck” requirement for launching aircraft from our Navy carriers. This technology can also compensate for battle damage to regular flight controls. In the future it could reducing weight and drag by getting rid of radar-reflecting surfaces.

Thrust vectoring can also allow for greater thrust expansion ratios by allowing the pilot to control the exhaust exit area independently of the throat of the engine’s exhaust. These are just some of the benefits that we know can occur through this system, but until it is put in a combat arena all the benefits will not be seen.

duh. :bloated:

w

t

f

^ my favorite nOOb evar

mine too

i get to play with very expensive aircraft parts on a regular basis :stuck_out_tongue:

i agree

Hmm 10k in aircraft parts? Everytime I see prices for aircraft parts, it makes me feel like I’m in the wrong business.