Want to hire: two positions available

http://innovativetuning.com/images/uploads/temp/logo332px.jpg

Innovative Tuning is looking to hire for two positions:

A) fabricator with sheet metal working and fiberglass/composite skills for special project (estimated project duration 2-4 weeks full time or longer if part time)

B) mechanic/tech - I’m looking to add another motivated individual to the Innovative Tuning team in a mechanic/tech position. I’m considering part time and full time applications at this time.

APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
-Significant mechanical experience pertaining to high performance work and general maintenance and repair. 3+ years.

-Excellent mechanical understanding. We aren’t doing brake jobs and mounting tires all day. Custom high performance work involves careful thought and execution.

-Extreme attention to detail. Our customers have come to expect a lot more of us than they would other shops. That’s a beautiful thing and I intend to keep it that way. Making sure all jobs are completed carefully and thoroughly is a must. If you cannot handle constructive criticism and/or direction on your work you need not apply. We definitely do a lot of things differently than the average shop so you must be willing to accept new methods.

-Solid interpersonal skills. If you aren’t friendly, articulate, and intelligent, you won’t fit in here.

-High performance automotive knowledge and interest. The more the better, but I don’t expect you to know it all. We’re passionate about what we do here and I will expect that same enthusiasm from a new employee. This is not a cookie cutter tech job. If automotive performance isn’t something you’re interested in, this isn’t the job for you.

-Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.

-Willingness to take on new tasks and learn more about automotive performance.

-Automotive tools. I have certain specialty tools for the shop like leakdown, wheel bearing etc. tools, but you must have your own ratchets, sockets, wrenches and other basic automotive tools.

-Fabrication/welding skills a plus.

Pay depends on experience, automotive knowledge, etc.

Please be warned:
This is a serious job and while we do have our fair share of fun here, it’s as real as a job gets and I expect your best during work hours.

We specialize in Japanese cars, but do work on some European and domestic vehicles depending on the situation. Applicable experience on non Japanese cars is acceptable.

I’ve had some solid applicants over the years who simply didn’t have enough experience to bring on during our busy season so I apologize to those applicants looking to get their foot in the door at a good shop. Our customers and I expect only the best and this time of year we cannot consider bringing someone up to speed who has little experience.

Eligible applicants please forward resumes to:
service@innovativetuning.com

Innovative Tuning
298 Hinman Ave.
Buffalo, NY 14216
Phone: (716) 873-7360
http://www.InnovativeTuning.com

If I didnt have such a serious job M-F 7:30-3:30 I’d love to apply for the fabricator position

If you have the fiberglass or composite, metal working skills for the special project that can be part time.

Sent this off to a friend who’s looking to get back up to Rochester to see if he is interested. Would be a good person for the second job.

We got such a great response from our request for a full time tech that we’ve found a fully time tech and two others that will be working with us part time. Thank you to all those who applied! We’re flattered by the huge response.