Watch Crew: What to buy?

2 Likes

Dragon that moves around the gears:

https://twitter.com/Solocuriosos_1/status/1614170291038560256?t=A4fYLA_c1AbSMPj6oAOXHw&s=19

1 Like

Eh, hot and hard to get watches are always going to fetch over. SD43’s have been available at or below MSRP for a while now.

SD43 has traditionally, even at the highest point of the market, transacted barely above MSRP. It’s a very niche watch. Prior to the 41mm Sub release a couple years ago, it had it’s place. Now, it’s just a really big Sub, that wears worse. Having recently had one and sold it after less than a year, it’s one of the only pieces I’ve sold that I don’t miss.

Which AD would sell a sport model to a walk in at msrp?

Is there one in WNY?

Need another daytona :wink:

lol

It’s because I had to google the RoughRiders for captcha isn’t it.

I was in Prague last month and they had a new WG Sub Bluesy they were trying to sell me on hard. Could have gotten it less than in the states due to taxes and exchange rate, but still well above what they are going for on the grey market. I’m not really a fan of any SM, but especially not at that price point. Other than that one, they still had zero stock at every AD I went to.

bing, If you can find someone selling a Daytona to the public, let me know. I can’t even find one to sell me a DJ.

No, nowhere in WNY, unfortunately.

Goodluck with that Daytona. You might have luck finding a PM at MSRP. Just bite the bullet and pay gray prices if you want SS, ha.

i have seen some gray SS daytonas under $30k in person in Vegas off-strip. but i dont see the point when WG is honestly not alot more.

also saw a blue WG sub at Rolex in the nicer mall in Orlando last year at MSRP.

i do think if you know an AD there will be stainless sportmodels available soon… or at least i hope to catch them.

The nicer Omega speedmasters can be had for almost 40% off MSRP right now (used) which is pretty solid for something that nice to wear around more modestly. I’ve seen two 44.25mm co-axial speedies in the $8,600 range (CDN) when they retail for $13k.

that one and the black face version.

1 Like

I’ve been watching omega speedies and seamasters, what do you think of the blue summer specials?

personal taste.

I favour no colors or maybe a little red on a watch. not really into colours. harder to wear imho.

1 Like

Yeah, precious metal models are easily had for MSRP or less (even gray market). AD’s actually can’t get rid of them fast enough.

Omega’s are great. I bought a Speedmaster Racing (White Dial 44.25mm) when I was in Italy and have had a handful of them over the years. The experience of buying an Omega is generally much more enjoyable than buying a Rolex.

I might make a move on a Panda Daytona in the next few months. I have a Pepsi GMT on Jubilee that I might move off of, unless they get discontinued, then I’m keeping it forever, ha.

I havent seen a 116519LN anywhere near msrp. Let me know if you see one. Mind you, still a bit cheaper in canada usually than in the US.

or this:

i think that is below MSRP too?

Last time that was bumped was 2019, lol.

How do you get on that canadian forum?

I used to have a friend that was into reselling Rolex’s and Porsche cars.

Hes probably on there.

didnt realize that thread was that old…

i searched by Skydwller and it was in the top 10 threads. i think their search function is busted.

have you tried setting up an account?

1 Like

Tried twice and rejected both times.

I bet that guy wished he didn’t sell it in 2019 :joy:.

A low cost mod watch but thus far I’m impressed. Saving up for my Lange and Sohne.