Watch Crew: What to buy?

lol

High(er) end watches have value, specifically trade in value and more importantly they’re discounted differently from dealer to dealer…I post prices because someone (like JohnnyLude) might say they know a dealer who sells for less.

Buying a higher end watch is the same as buying a car, sticker and selling price is very important…Except watches hold their value better than cars

These aren’t even expensive watches…they’re honestly entry level luxury watches…look at what dan posted…$100K isn’t even top level

I like Movado all the way…

why not just buy a nice replica watch (ie non KNOCKOFF POS watch) some of them even have tourbulins etc in them and keep perfect time…

tag is just blah, fine for a casual watch but if you want something nice you are going IWC, etc…

Why not buy a knockoff BMW from china?

I mean, it has an engine, and it runs perfectly fine? :gotme:

option 2 non-leather band looks good…

although, that is a lot to spend on a watch, if you got it, godbless.

#2 with rubber band looks hot.

Sign me up, I want one

I promise you that a replica tourbillion isn’t functional. Just like there are no replica watches with real perpetual calendars.

Some replicas are remarkably good though. The new Panerai Ferrari line are all 1:1 replicas, meaning you can use genuine parts if you wanted to.

The biggest downside to replica watches though is the fact that sure you can buy 10 replicas for the price of 1 genuine watch, and that’s fine. Unfortunately you have $3K in watches that have no value. Take that same $3K and you can trade/sell for different genuine watches as well.

High end watches rarely drop significantly in value, I’d be surprised if that B&R ever dropped below $2400…since B&R is a new company and it’s their first significant anniversary watch it can actually increase in value over time.

Pan’s generally sell for 75% of original value or higher.

I don’t know much about the UN but I’d imagine given the discount on the list price it wouldn’t drop in value much either.

Did you check with Gil on 6speed?

theWatchCollector? or someone else?

yes, he is where I got my IWC from

yea he is the man

B&R would be my .02

Take a look at Graham too. There are a couple of them that I wouldn’t mind owning.

Haha, being bitter is no way to live man

I’ve checked his page and his ebay shit…maybe I’ll PM him when I get closer to what I want

A lot of watch guys say no IWC until you hit the $8,000+ range

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k86/jaturon/Other%20brands/graham2.jpg

$3200 used

Also:

http://theluxurybazaar.com/timepieces/images/watches/large/a285a4a1-ed23-44fb-bebc-da1025b6d19f.jpg

Possibly this for $2500 the real deal OG shit when the movements were inhouse…watch was made in 1972/3