Watch this movie

then discuss

http://cc.pubco.net/www.valcent.net/i/misc/Vertigro/index.html

hopefully somthin good comes from the research

I’ve been talking about this for years. However, I now believe that we should all just run everything off of natural gas. :smiley:

Darkstar , Do you have any info on your company that you can mail me ?

Does it really take an acre of corn to produce 18 gallons of oil per year?
That doesn’t seem very efficient.

Efficiently for the farming economy and thats about it. Ever since i read about this i thought this was a pretty viable way to ween off fossil fuels.

Yeah. Algae has 1000 times the ouput of corn and it isn’t a food crop. Sounds good so far…

GOD forbid the government lets this continue to grow and start putting oil barrons out of business… it’ll never happen. We’ll be clinging to the idea of ‘whats best for the country’ as the last drop of oil on earth hits the refinery.

Let’s take a scientific look at funding behind a couple of fuel alternatives discussed in the video.

Chart 1 - Amount of money held by proponent(s) of technology
Guy With Algae: $
Big Oil: A lot fucking more than the algae guy

It sounds great, but not any time soon.

finally a viable option. looks like it can be competitive in pricing of fossil fuels.

I was watching a show on alternative fuels on History (or Discovery… or something) that had a segment on growing algae large in mass and quantity, drying it out, and using it in powerplants rather than coal. Algae has a lot more uses than making ponds ugly. Haha

I hope they don’t replace coal, my brother just got a job at Consol. :smiley:

I see the Consol Barges going up and down the Mon all day down here.

I don’t think coal is going anywhere for a while.