Watches

You two have great taste. I get compliments quite often with mine when I’m out.

^ Thanks man. I love both of my movados…I find that they are very classy looking watches at an affordable price.

i’ve grown very fond of my movado, nice weight but not over done, the new 8000 sires is there “sporty” line, which appeals to me more since i’m a slug for chronographs

i went out today looking for watched, idk where to look, or where to do research about them.

dj if your looking for a watch shoot me a pm here or on facebook,

things to look for mostly are

1. your price range
  2. your style (chronograph, classic, normal case width(45mm), large case width (50mm +), metal band, rubber band, etc.
  3. where is the watch made (japan,swiss, china) swiss is always quality, high end japan is good too (citizens is a good example of that)
    4.weight is a big thing as well, is this a daily watch or a dress watch. daily watches you would want lighter, a dress watch you can have with some more weight. weight is also a big piece of quality, the case width being the same,a heavier watch normally is a more well built piece, it’s a rule of thumb, not so much a law.

i would say to look on sites like

worldofwatches.com
etc

find some stuff on their that you like, once you do that jump onto the brands main web page and poke around to see if you can find a reputable dealer in your area. macy’s and jcpenny’s does carry a few brands but the counter people normally don’t know shit about watches. find a good jewelry store and stop in to talk to them, see the watch in person, have them show you some other brands that look similar. It really starts out with finding a style and price range. having that solid will help you the most. a good jewelry store can take care of you the rest of the way. ALSO ASK ABOUT THE WARRANTY.

Yep. 2005 or so. I got a great deal.

shawn, are you sure it’s not a fake?.. i’m not trying to say it is, but for that price it just seems very cheap, did it come with a factory warranty?

Yes, I bought it from a store front that is based out of NYC (Not Canal Street either. :slight_smile: ). Warranty too.

Oddly, I also had it back to Movado in FL for them to fix an issue and had no problems.

For whatever it is worth, it was also one of the cruise ship’s “guaranteed stores”.

I loved the duty free, let’s-make-a-deal stores on the last cruise I was on. Snagged a really nice ESQ watch for like $400. It looks really similar to a movado but it’s a little bit smaller. It’s the super special occasion watch.

the ESQ line is made by movado… it should say movado on the face or back of the watch.

unfortunitly i just picked one up locally for around 320 after tax.

but you are right, great watch, i use it as one of my daily’s and it’s great for a day to day use

Oh nice, good snag. This was also 2 years ago lol

yea the line is growing every year, is yours a chronograph?

I have a pretty sweet Bulova Watch…