Watching TV with laptop?

In an effort to save money, I’m probably going to cancel the cable service and def the home phone.

I rarely watch TV, but what is the easiest/best/cheapest way to do it with the internet?

hulu

^^ this.

netflix keeps the kids and I entertained. 7.99/month.

trav, cancel cable and look for the box when they come to shut it off… once shut off go to the box, open it and youll see a plastic peice blocking the metal to metal connection… Take the plastic peice off, reconnect the two wires togeather and you now have free basic cable forever lol…

friend of mine used to work for time warner cable, aaallllll they do to shut you off is put that plastic peice inbetween the two wires lolol.

does anyone know anything about the cable “black boxes”? like the ones in the back of popular science

i think that box for my house is up on the pole.

usually there attached to your house, but that could be… worth it though to hop up on a ladder and do it real quick lol

Just went out and looked. No box on my house, I can see it on the pole I think.

great post. + fucking rep.

My wife and I have been using sidereel.com to find various websites that stream almost every show for free. I won’t lie its getting harder to find good website to use but there still a bunch out there for free. Otherwise we use Netflix and Huluplus. In my mind Huluplus kind of sucks due to that you can almost find all the same show for free else where.

thats great haha:lol