Water - Air intercooler questions

the plan:
3.4L motor
FWD car
450hp max
no room for a FMIC

need a reasobably sized and priced water to air intercooler, i dont need something big enough (and pricey enough) to cool a 1000hp supra

any suggestions ?

no sugestions but I do run one with the heaton M90 on the gtp, aslong as you have a good front mount and a solid pump they work great.I was able to drop from a 3.8" to a 3.0" pully on an almost stock motor. My unit drop’d oulet temps about 140-150 degrees.

junk yard unit of a syclone or typhoon??

:lol:

Is he seriously considering it?

If your worried about flow just use a air-water intercooler unit off of a cobra, and build a box for it to flow through. :tup:

i think so…:headbang:

<----hotrodkid

yes … im seriously considering it … possibly even going TT … for the fun of it :slight_smile:

they work great, you can make one out of an A/A core, but if your just gonna box off an already made one, it flows the water and air incorrectly. The air should have the short path, and the water the long path, A/A units are set up the oppisite. You can get a A/A core, and then make the A/W unit, but it takes some welding. I made my own for the race car, its about as bit as most of the 4 cyl engines on this board. Air to water work great, but its deff more expensive, and for street use with mutiple periods of boost, you will need a good sized stabilization tank/ice tank and a heat exchanger to make it work good.