water to air IC...

I am looking at doing a w/a IC for my jetta. I like the short piping runs, no FMIC to give the car away. and I can dump ice in that shit when I need to. I wont be deating on it around a city too much, so it will be highway, show and track mostly.

http://www.frozenboost.com/

they have a ton of shit there. looks liek I can do a nasty kit for much less than a good FMIC.

Anyone have expierence with w/a setups?

I even thought of putting the heat exchanger under the spare tire well, and making a air shroud/scoop under the car to force the air through the exchanger to cool the water. I figure that is better then putting one infront my my ac/radiator stack up front. And I can run a larger heat exchanger. plus the longer water piping will give me a little more capacity. I will also run a 2-3 gal tank in the trunk.

my piping is short and with the center bumper grille in you cant see anything unless you look, and the fmic is still silver. if it were black you would never see it… AWIC are great if youre using ice, but for everyday driving its gonna heat up fast, and that water will only be as cool as ambient temps anyway

if i ever go mk1.5 (mk2 3S-GTE 2.0L turbo motor in a mk1 mr2 (my car)), i’ll highly consider an upgraded A2W IC.

some generic reading material for ya

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=250533

Need a logon for that shiz! Ill sign up and see what its all about.

I can stick a electric fan on the heat exchanger, on a temp switch. or just leave it on full time for slow driving.

I found some simple digital air temp and water temp gauges I could pop in a pod too and keep an eye on the temps. I am really thinking it will work rather well. I am a very hands on person, and would rather see for my self if it works or not. I like figuring shit like that out, its fun. But if anyone ever ran one, and can provide some IAT’s and water temps that would be cool. or maybe some threads else where with some cool data like that.

its worth the 35 seconds to sign up, that guy is ridiculous!

pm laduke89, he knows all about these

water to air ic’s are more efficient than an air to air bc liquid intercioolers can achieve temps colder than ambient air… its a fantastic way to intercool your system. u should do it

Why not install meth injection and gain the advantage of being higher octane?

Rubber expansion joint is an assembly designed to safely absorb the heat-induced expansion and contraction of various construction materials, to absorb vibration, or to allow movement due to ground settlement or earthquakes.They are commonly found between sections of sidewalks,bridges,railway tracks,piping systems,and other structures.

well i still could after i get the car going. the intercooler and piping i had already, wont work, and the core is only a 300hp core. so i will sell it all and i figured I would try something new.

I priced it all out and it is around $700 for a nasty w/a kit. Once it is running i will throw W/M to the mix at some point.

I wish more people would use meth. It’s dirt cheap but it does add another variable to the equation but for setups that need higher octane or a cooler charge to run more boost, it’s a great solution. For me, I could only run 15-16PSI on pump but could add another 10PSI or so with meth so it was a perfect fix. I also like the safety factor.