We need more people like this

If more people were REALLY willing to stand up to the government like this the country would be a lot better place.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/14112594/detail.html

Monday, a judge told Jensen he could pay a $150 fine, do community service or go to jail for three days. He choose jail.

‘‘Over my dead body was I going to give the state another dollar for the tolls,’’ Jensen said.

:lol: :tup: I can see this happening here or in MA, both extremely over taxed states. People are starting to reach the point where they aren’t going to take it anymore.

Yup…America…land of the free…

this is exactly why places sell tokens, or gift cars for that matter, profit

how many people have unused game tokens, or a $200 gift card with $20 left on it …

once you sell someone something like this, its no longer legal tender, and therefor at any point you can refuse to accept it anymore

:tup: to him standing up for whats right, and using up some of the states money in the process … 99.999% of the people out there would just bend over and take it in a situation like this

i think its great that his wife did not know…

i hope he wins the lawsuit

If they want to phase out a system of tokens they should just buy them back.

HotRodKid is right. More than 10 percent of the $58.3 billion in gift cards bought this year won’t be used.

:tup: to him for standing up for himself.

Whats funny is I wonder how much it costs the goverment to put in jail for 3 days.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:7,topic:35435"”]

Whats funny is I wonder how much it costs the goverment to put in jail for 3 days.

[/quote]

exactly what I was thinking. So ultimately if more people do this, they will need to raise taxes more to cover the cost of jailtime.

that pretty much rules