weather stripping

So the car has the original weather stripping from 1990 for the sunroof - what’s up with that?

The thing CREAKS and whistles like there’s no tomorrow… so how do i replace the weather stripping? I’ve never had to do anything like that? I’m assuming I can just go to CT and buy misc. weather stripping and glue it on???

anybody replaced the weather stripping for their sunroof on a 1990 240sx fastback?

Go to the dealership and only the dealership for this kinda thing.

IIRC it was only like $30…

Last time I checked it was $75+tax (the seal around the glass not the seal between the bottom of the glass and the body)

i went to nissan and asked… they said that they do not sell the sunroof weather strip seperate, and i had to buy the glass with is already installed from them for $800

Been searching for a good used one ever since :frowning:

Oakville nissan… they do sell them.

Called them right now and they said that the item is no longer available… I have to buy the whole sunroof for $775 :frowning:

you’ve gotta be shitting me?!

what kind of BS is that? I’m gonna go see the Cambridge and Kitchener dealers next week and find some shit out… there’s gotta be something to stop the incessant whistling, it’s crappier than crap on crap

Have you tried adjusting the latch to clamp the sunroof down tighter?
That could solve the whistling issue.

I just shimmed my sunroof and that shut it up, my seal wasnt torn though. I’m not sure of the condition of yours.

You can also put silicone lubricant on your seal to stop it from getting worse.

So for sure its not $30, but $75? i really need to change mine too… its so annoying i can barely hear the person on the phone. :x