Weber Grill Owners (Or other mid range brands)

I was sick of changing out grills every couple years because they cheaper ones are absolute junk. The lid broke off my old one so I decided to get a Weber and not have to worry about it for 15-20 years.

I have the Brown (espresso) Weber E-310, same one as beck and EvoMR but without the side burner. Got it at Lowes for $630 after using a 10% movers card. I never used the side burner on any of the grills I had in my life so, it was a no brainer for me to get the one without. The grill is a tank and worth every penny, no flare ups, easy cleaning and built very well, plus you get the great customer service that comes along with Weber grills should you ever need anything.

Love the smell of scallops.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I typically spend no more than $200 on a grill and they average at least 8 years. Just bought a stainless one at the end of the season year before last. Nicer than my last one. We’ll see how it works out. Last summer it was spot on.

I have a Webber Natural gas and it rocks. I’ve had it since I purchased my house so about 4 years now.

Get a big green egg and be done with it. :slight_smile:
Its charcaol, but can do anything a gas grill can do

Except regulate temperatures on the fly.

False

I’ve had a weber Genesis for a few years now. No maintenance or anything, still looks and operates like new. Nice even heat. Haven’t even had to change the battery in the igniter. :stuck_out_tongue: I have a cover that I usually use, but I’m not religious with it and it’s pretty beat at this point. Probably don’t need it.

Mine has the iron grates. I had no idea you have to be careful cleaning them, they’re still perfect. I just crank the heat to turn the leftovers to ash, give them a quick steel brushing, and lay my meat on it. Jay nailed it with the heat retention of iron making them superior to SS.

This is False

I don’t even have an egg, just a weber kettle charcoal and I can control the temp no problem. When you close the vents and cut the air the fire dies fast, dropping the temp. Open them back up and the coals fire right back up (assuming you weren’t dumb enough to completely kill it) and the temp will rise almost as fast as cranking a gas burner.

Yeah I mean I guess, but it’s not as quick, you really can’t (to my knowledge) turn down only one side of a charcoal grill. I’m not knocking charcoal, cause it definitely has it’s place and flavor. Whether it be briquettes or hardwood, or flavored hardwood. I’ve cooked over charcoal for years, but with my gas grill is just easier to cook with.

Ok, My wife made the point that we are looking at upgrading the house in a couple of years and I will probably have an outdoor kitchen. She said it is foolish to spend several thousand and only keep it for a year or two. I guess that I will just go with the S-330 and hope to get something back out of it by selling in a couple years. Thanks for all of the information, I was going to pull the trigger on something more than necessary, this saved me some $$.

Go to Ed Youngs on Main St. They should have a couple already assembled. If not, give em a couple days and have them deliver it.

I have soooo much to add to this thread, but I just don’t give a flying fuck anymore lol.

S2R.

<3

Charcoal FTW, but propane is the microwave of grilling… I grill on gas, and smoke on coals.

Lowes/exLowes crew chime in lol

We just got in a 2k Weber grill the other day, for that price Id much rather build in a grill or have a nice flat top in my kitchem

Flat tops in the kitchen are irrelevant to grills on your deck. A decent built in grill, is going to cost a lot more than $2,000.

It’s like saying I wouldn’t buy a Mercedes Benz car, because I could buy a bigger Tahoe for the same money.

So I bought the S-330 with the stainless grates as well as stainless flavorizer bars. It is amazing. I have it plumbed on my natural gas line and it got up to about 700 in under 5 minutes. I was excited to try it out so I grabbed a 12oz prime ribeye from Wegmans and after 40,turn,40,flip,40,turn,60,remove I had a prefect rare steak.
I am beyond happy with this purchase thus far.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53342606/steak.jpg