Weber Grill Owners (Or other mid range brands)

:tup:

I need to make my shitty Kenmore grill last one more season because I’ve got too much money tied up in this remodel.

Looks good, I’d like to run gas to mine, but I move mine in and out of the garage all year long, so I don’t think it would work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My last grill was a kenmore 6 burner stainless. I gave it to my nephew for $100 (covered the two propane tanks I gave him) It lasted me 10 years and he is more than happy with how well it works.

Gas line into garage and gas line out to patio. Win/Win.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

PS - Mike, told ya so. :wink:

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

If you buy a grill and don’t buy a 330, you’re an idiot.

I’ve owned mine 4 years and the heat plate/diffuser things have completely disintegrated. $28 each and I’d need 4 of them… no thanks, that’s $112 toward the Weber I should have bought in the first place.

I was still going to buy the S-670, but I had to spend about $800 to upgrade all of the gas lines in my house to support the S-330 and I was not about to spend over 2K on a grill plus about $1k on gas lines. for a house that I only have a couple more years in.

let me build you an Ugly Drum Smoker … fuck some shit ass GAS grill

Whats this 40,turn,40,flip,40,turn,60. Please tell me thats not in minutes. Im a noob when it comes to grilling steak.

Definitely not worth the time/effort for grilling burgers/dogs/chicken breast after work.

My charcoal gets used pretty much every weekend but the gas grill gets used 3-4 nights a week during the week.

That is seconds at 600-700 degrees. The hotter the grates the more crisped and delicious the exterior fat is. Add 30 seconds to each step and your steak will be close to medium rare/medium. There is no substitute for being able to touch a steak and know what temperature the meat is at.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

I have one. It resides in Syracuse and is used when we need to make a larger qty of slower cooked/smoked meat.

where did you end up going for the grill?

Love my white trash drum.

Love my Genesis E-320. 3 years now with zero maintenance, hooked up to the NG line so I never have to worry about running out of propane halfway through grilling. Iron grates. Used the side burner 3 times, for steaming clams once a summer. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. In fact, I have a strip steak on there as I type this.