Well. This is comforting to know. Z06 Inside.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1369957

I’m kinda flustered about this.

I hope this turns out to be one single incident, and this doesn’t happen to all of them.

:frowning:

only GM

read on, apparently there’s a recall for all targa vettes about it. :frowning:

thats not a targa though, thats a hardtop z06

ya the Z06 has always been a hardtop, with the slantback style rear window. Nothing to worry about there, advance with the purchase of the Z06 ASAP if you still planned to do it. It’s such an amazing car.

it’s won’t happen to all of them… but GM has always taken care of it’s corvette customers.

time for a custom top

Wow… Note to self: don’t drive behind C6 Z06 Vettes…

I mean, dont get me wrong, I love corvettes, but problems like this are unacceptable on a $75K car, you have to agree. Theres a problem when everyone I know says when you own a corvette, these are just things you have to be willing to accept. Electrical gremlins are one thing- I know a guy who has had nothing but problems electrical with his new Viper with 4K miles on it- but a roof flying off the car could have killed someone!

i couldnt imagine paying that much for that car and have the roof fly off or like another post on that board the roofs are leaking??? wtf

z06=hardtop ALWAYS…just looks at Justin’s(GSX)

Did you read the thread? He car isn’t a targa C6… the HARDTOP came off of his Z06.

read the thread again, they use the same body as the normal c6 which has a targa top cut in it for future use. right now the roofs are just bolted down, but later you can by a top that snaps in to place

That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever found out about the new Z06, What the hell are they thinking?? Bolting the targa roof in place? God I may have just lost all respect for this car, other than the performance. I knew GM was cheap, but not THAT cheap. Freaking 70k+ car with a targa bolted in place for a so called “roof” :gay:

Whaaaaat? I stand corrected :tdown:

Apparently they are coming out with Z06 targas, no joke, this guy just got one before production

You think GM used magic to get the price of the car down w/ that much performance? No, they cut corners

C6 Z/06 Under the Skin

great article if you haven’t seen it before.

the entire roof does not come off the car. the magnesium center structure stayed. this one delaminated.

I :heart: GM more and more everyday.

GM is fucking lucky that shit didn’t hit someone on a bike or something…

ha!

but yea, they are damn lucky that it didnt cause serious damage. fuckin GM!